Ran into an old "friend"

by Dawn 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Dawn
    Dawn

I was in town the other day waiting in line to purchase something and ran into an old JW friend I haven't seen in over 17 years! We started to visit (of course - I didn't say anything about being DF'd because I don't play those games any more). She was really friendly and visited for about 5 minutes until I tossed in a couple of comments that made it pretty clear I was no longer a JW (thought I'd test the water & see her reaction). As I commented that my son had just gone to his highschool Prom, was playing sports, and we were trying to decide on which College would be best for him.......her expression changed and she suddenly had to go. hmmmmmmm could it be something I said? What a shame.

Well - I kind of chuckled - then explained to the lady in front of me that I'm a "shunned" JW because I don't want to be in their religion anymore. She looked at me for a minute - then said "I understand completely - I'm a shunned Mormon".

It's funny how you can tell the "outsiders" and the "insiders" by their choice of topics and the words they use isn't it.

• Nikita
    Nikita

that expression they get- it's like God will smite them dead if they remain one second longer in the conversation (once they realize that they are conversing with an "apostate.")

sad, maybe one day your friend will wake up.

Nikita

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

17 years seems to be the magic number. That's exactly how long ago I last saw cruzanheart/Big Tex before reconnecting with them via this forum.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit