Do you anger easily?

by JH 12 Replies latest jw friends

  • JH

    Are you able to stay calm when you have a disagreement with someone? Some people get mad and angry at nothing and that is unpleasant. I think that people should be able to talk calmly even if they don't agree on a subject.

    Do you anger easily, or are you the calm type like me?



    But do I flip out: no

    I have learned from having lived a little and making some very foolish mistakes, that reacting in the heat of anger is NOT a very productive way to live.

    Calmer now.

  • JH

    It takes 2 people to fight or argue. Often I just don't respond when being provoked, and the other one looks stupid.

    Some might think I'm guilty of something if I don't defend myself, but often there is nothing to say that will change the opinion of another person.

    Not everyone acts the same way. I think I have the right attitude when I act calmly to someone who is agressive towards me. If I'm in the wrong, I'll say I'm sorry and I really mean it.

    Getting angry hurts yourself more than the other person.

  • nowisee

    well i do try to give a mild answer. but unfortunately that does not always work.

    like today, for example. is it a full moon???

  • teenyuck

    Only when I am driving.

    Do not, I repeat, Do Not make a right hand turn, against the light, and not step on the gas--hard. You will read my lips and you will not like what you read when I have to slam on my brakes to avoid hitting you.

    Do not, I repeat, Do Not drive in the right hand lane of a 3 lane highway when merging traffic is trying to get on. You, in the right lane, need to understand people cannot merge safely when you are plugging along at 60 and the speed limit is 65. Get in the middle lane dummy!

    Do not, I repeat Do Not break on a highway on ramp because you are afraid to merge and never learned how. When I have to slam on my breaks because you are a wuss behind the wheel, you will read my lips and you will not like what you read when I have to slam on my brakes to avoid hitting you.

    Do not, I repeat Do Not decide to make a right hand turn at the last minute....without using your turn signal and your tail lights are out. You will read my lips and you will not like what you read when I have to slam on my brakes to avoid hitting you.

    Are you seeing a pattern here?


    JH: exactly

    People can argue until they're blue in the face and seething at the teeth.

    I am with you. When someone disagrees with me, it's like: no new revelation there. People disagree with me, all the time. I respect their opinion, even if I don't agree. Focusing on differences serves no purpose. I hold on the thing that binds us together in the first place. People will hold on to their belief system and personal convictions, no matter what.

    To go on and on about it: what a waste of precious time and energy.

  • shera

    I can be fine and clam, patient as well.If someone is trying to hurt me and treat me in a manner I donnot like.I have no problem telling them off and they know I'm upset. I used to anger very easy,but I'm proud to say I'm much calmer now.

    I can discuss matters and be civil,yep.....

  • Bendrr

    Yes unfortunately.

    My temper is the number one thing I am working on daily. I'm getting better though. Instead of yelling and cursing the idiots in traffic for instance, now I catch myself and just roll my eyes and shake my head. When it comes to one-on-one confrontations I make myself just walk away silently. You know, like they used to say when we were kids, just walk away? Well most of the time, in fact more times than not, it does indeed work. Sometimes it really throws the other person off.

    Then after that is done I try to think of something funny and smile.


  • Big Tex
    Big Tex

    I used to have a terrible anger problem. I would fly off at the least little provocation. I worked hard on it over the years, and Nina says it's better, but she also says that there are still times I "radiate" when I'm angry.

    And no, I don't think very clearly when I'm angry.

  • Aztec

    Teenyuck, you sound like my sister...LOL! She's usually very calm, but, get her behind the wheel and every other word is...well, you'll just have to use your imagination. I don't anger very easily. I'm very laid back 99% of the time. The other 1% of the time watch out! When I finally do get mad I absolutly lose it! When I get into a spirited debate I get a bit energetic and hyper but not angry. I like to debate! :) ~Aztec

Share this