Kaytee & Twink's "Resignation" letter

by twinkletoes 22 Replies latest jw friends

• gcc2k
    gcc2k

I understand why you sent the letters - deep down, there is always some hope or belief that you will in fact get a reply, that there are in fact answers to these issues, that someone cares. One would expect nothing less of Jehovah's organization. I wonder if picking a single issue would be more likely to gather a reply, since so many issues altogether make it a clear "apostate" letter :) I have a question and a request. Question - your issue with the blood policy seems to revolve around the "fraction" issue. Do you believe that Christians should "abstain from blood" as the Society has instructed? Personally, I do not feel that the Scriptures address the blood issue as applied to modern day medicine, and I agree with the reasoning put forth by AJWRB. Have you reviewed that information? Request - would it be possible to get copies of your UN documentation? I believe that many people are trying to seek this documentation, and the poor UN people must be working day and night to address all the inquiries. What's the next step for you two? Where do you go from here as Christians? I am asking this honestly, with no other intentions.

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

This might we worth bringing back to the top to help any new ones on the brink.

Apologies for this long letter but we knew this was our last letter to them, if it helps those who may be contemplating a similar letter that’s fine.

KT

• reniaa
    reniaa

To be honest it just reads like a letter of someone who has completely bought into apostate rhetoric, it could be a copy and paste from many such statements off this site. Pity if you wanted a response you maybe should have replied with real problems not cutnpaste rhetoric of apostate threads.

Reniaa

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

Good morning Reniaa, of should I say Becky!

You amaze me, you answered our post within 3 minutes, there is no way that you could have read a 7 page letter within that time.

Some-one said that you are an "amazing mother" and I'm beginning to believe them. How on earth could you manage to sit down at your computer at 9.30 am on a Sunday morning with three young children around you and possibly be getting yourself and them also ready to go to the meeting. Are you still in the Hull congregation?

Twinkletoes (Pauline)

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

3 young children, one of whom is a baby, another of whom is severely disabled. I believe her other child has autism.

• reniaa
    reniaa

HI twinkle-toes

I know nothing of your personal life but even if I did I wouldn't post it but thats your choice and your lack of decency. BTW you got some of it wrong lol but I won't correct you.

reniaa

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Reniaa, you haven't hidden your circumstances and personal life;

Hi I feel for you and understand, My first son was born severely disabled and is 10 years old he has multiple problems both physical and mental inc severe epilepsy, mental age that has leveled at 2 years old, I also have a 4 year old and a newborn baby and am a single mum, literatually my life is completely given over to my children.

Autism is a differcult decease to get diagnosed but once it is there is a lot of info out there about it, I will also say my niece had a learning delays and instead of talking created her own language that only she understood, very few understanble words about the same age as your son she got the help and within a couple of years she was talking normally now she 12 years old and perfectly ok, in fact is top in her school in maths and has been offered early exams, Sometimes for whatever reason kids are delayed on speech but this might just be a hiccup that just needs to be worked through. My sister used to have fun games trying to make speech fun, lots of rhyming and singing.to encourage her.

And this;

I've been a faded JW for 10 years I left because of my failed first marriage, I'm no hypocrite and realised I had left completely so I embraced the world and dived in, Only christmas and birthdays I could not get into, they were too foreign to me having never celebrated them, like if I suddenly tried to do ramadan or something like that.

1/ All the criticisms of the people in the truth you say on here, I've found in the world, warts and all only in the world nothing holds them back from being utterly horrible to you.

2/ I got stabbed by a worldly boyfriend, I got married 2 times of my own choosing to men outside the truth, the first smoked and was an alcoholic, the second gambled every penny we had and defrauded me out of money after we separated, 2 divorces later I am currently pregnant and a single mum since current boyfriend decided kids was to much of a responsibility and he needed his freedom and I was 'too selfish to expect him to give up his life'.

3/ Parents-in-law! I have been shunned by them as equal to anything you accuse witness families of and for the silliest of reasons, I had a disabled son and his grandparents said they wanted nothing to do with him because they didn't want to become attached in case he died.

4/ I miss the honest friendships of the truth, I had friends of all ages from 14 to 80 years old and they genuinely cared for me, many trying to keep me in the faith a long time after I left but I was determined to fade so moved away completely, but I find friendships in the world so shallow in comparison and very hard to sustain :( I've never been a drinker and sometimes thats what friendship means you being a companion for them to goto pub with.

5/ My recent boyfriend was in a christian religion, I thought why not find out about it, Harvest churches if you ever heard of them, unfortunately it still hasn't stop him leaving me pregnant and alone and when I said to him how does he clear that with God, he replies "As long as I repent it doesn't matter" it's like he has a "get out of jail free card" for any wrong-doing in the bible, this is so alien to me and my witness trained conscience.

6/ I recently out of frustration tried looking into atheism and joined their forums, It wasn't fun, they are as bombastic and arrogant as their Religious counterparts can be from any religion, they make a religion out of not believing in God, It's very weird they talk of saving people from believing in god and offer nothing to replace it. They said to me "be happy you are in reality now and enjoy it" and I thought "well if this is reality I've had enough of it"

So here I am feeling like the prodigal daughter and thinking being among warm-hearted if strict people who will accept me back and give me a sense of community again that I haven't seen in any other christian faith for all I've looked, has gotta be better than being shoved and shunned and used by people who have stopped caring for each other and only think of themselves.

So it's probably not fair to claim others are being indecent when they refer to your publicly declared private life.

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi Password

your post takes me back how sad I was then and how innocent of anti-witness forums and the ruthlessness of people on them. Did my words get simpathy? only until it was realised I was going to keep being a pro-witness and defending them and so all my bad experiences spoken unwisely have become fodder for unscrupulous posters such as yourself.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

How am I an unscrupulous poster? You've told everyone hear about your private life and now you cry "indecent" when it's referred to.

Ad hominem, poisoning the well etc etc etc.

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

"it could be a copy and paste from many such statements off this site."

Dear Reniaa,

Of course it is a cut and paste letter, replying to statements made by the Wts, what better way of proving the hypocrisies of the Org., than by using their OWN material, you would not want me to use apostate material from elsewhere, that might have dubious backgrounds would you?

Question;

1…Is it wrong to use material sourced from the Wts Archives/library?

2 …Do you NOT believe the statements laid out in our letter?

3…Are you NOT going to answer questions 1 and 2

KT (Ken)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit