Repost: Comments You Will Not Hear at the 5-18-03 WT Study

by blondie 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Jourles
    Jourles

I just loved the inference of the picture that was captioned with having a mild spirit or some such nonsense. It immediately stood out to me that it WAS NOT the husband pictured who was the witness, but rather the wife. Did anyone else catch that? The husband was sporting a goatee. That was it. His dress was very presentable, even for working in the yard. Toward the end of the WT study, one of our elders made a comment on that same picture stating, and this is a rough quote here: "In this picture, we know that the Society generally never illustrates brothers wearing beards or goatees. So in this case, the wife pictured here is the one showing a spirit of mildness with her non-believing husband." God, I just wanted to make my first comment ever in our hall and blurt out, "And we would never want to go beyond what is written in the bible regarding personal hygiene or appearances."

I couldn't stop thinking about that picture for the longest time. I saw it right at the beginning of the study when I was flipping through the pages. For some reason, it kept me in a pissy mood for the entire study. The subtlety of that picture was a brilliant move on the Society's part without saying a word against beards. Let the brothers come to their own conclusions. Wearing a goatee = Non-believing mate. Awesome manipulation of their minds.

Good comments as usual Blondie. Too bad I can't use them!

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

Jourles, I noticed that picture right away, too. Always easy to spot that UNBELIEVER in the midst. I made it easy for them to spot me by wearing a low-cut blouse to show off my new D-sized boob job. Anything to make them uncomfortable. Tee he he he he

• Jourles
    Jourles
    I made it easy for them to spot me by wearing a low-cut blouse to show off my new D-sized boob job. Anything to make them uncomfortable.

Now where are those sisters at in my hall???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit