Latest "Light" JWs not worthy of Jesus

by Faraon 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Faraon
    Faraon

Brothers,

Matthew 10:37 Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me
    Matthew 23:9 And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.

Jehovah is our father, our only father, according to 23:9. Yet, Jesus clearly says that if we love Jehovah more than Jesus, we are not worthy of him. From now on, at least 51% of our songs will be about Jesus.

We neglected to honor Jehovah in Father's Day by forbidding this celebration. Maybe this will show Jesus that we love him more than Jehovah by having only one celebration, and that is all about him and not Jehovah. We are off the hook!

Any thoughts?

• Will Power
    Will Power

JWs should not be calling their god "father" JWs are not "sons of god" - only the annointed are, since they are the only ones in the new covenant. The ones in the new covenant are the "sons" of god. Romans 8. therefore the only ones that could call the WT god - father. This was described in detail this year 2003 in WT Jan 15 & Feb 15. (Christians have different interpretation)

JWs are only friends of these sons which means that the "benefits" only rub off once earned. This testimony of belief is seen at the memorials - who partakes and who does not.

AND this is not "light" as in new. - They (WT) recorded in the 1940s that the door to heaven was closed in 1935, stripping all new JWs from the promise of sonship.

The confusion happens when they decide to read the bible.

Thats what I think about the "father" dilema

wp

• hooberus
    hooberus
    Brothers,
    Matthew 10:37 Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me
    Matthew 23:9 And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.

Jehovah is our father, our only father, according to 23:9. Yet, Jesus clearly says that if we love Jehovah more than Jesus, we are not worthy of him. From now on, at least 51% of our songs will be about Jesus.

While I agree that matthew 23:9 is talking about our heavenly Father Jehovah, the "his father" in Matthew 10:37 is refering to our earthly fathers and mothers and not to our heavenly father. So your point "Yet, Jesus clearly says that if we love Jehovah more than Jesus, we are not worthy of him." should be rephrased to "Jesus clearly says that if we love our fathers and mothers more than Jesus, we are not worthy of him."

Matthew 10:37 is contrasting mans love with his earthly parents (both father and mother), with what his love should should be for Christ. Anyway Jesus is Jehovah along with the Father.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Faraon, in the first scripture you list, Jesus is no doubt referring to fathers and mothers in the flesh, our parents.

The second instance refers to bestowing a title of father on any man, in a religious sense.

At least that's what the WTS says anyway.

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

I think if he was refering to God as "his father" then father would have a capital F.

• Francois
    Francois

You mix apples and oranges. The two "fathers" mentioned in the two verses are not the same. One refers to earthly fathers, one to the existential God.

Weak try.

francois

• Faraon
    Faraon

To all,

I thought you would get it by the introduction "brothers..."

This was supposed to really be a tongue-in-cheek humorous attempt to show how the WT mixes and matches scriptures to its own end. In this case the forbidden celebration of the father's day holiday. Darn it! I will never be a comedian.

This verses have their merits though, they show that people should forego the natural love for parents or children, even abandoning them (in other verses) for something that may or not exist. Disdain for family is shown through the OT and the NT. People have sacrificed their children in all parts of the world and most religions in order to show loyalty to some deity. The real winners were, and still are, the priestly class life suckers, who get their power and money from fanaticism.

Now all of you will be disfellowshipped for questioning my authority.

• Faraon
    Faraon

PS,

For those of you who don’t know me, I don’t even believe in the bible or organized religion anymore.

Some extra clues that should’ve given me away.

On the first non-quoted paragraph, I mention that “From now on, 51% of our songs will be about Jesus”. That would only be possible if I had a position of power in the WT.

If you note the last paragraph, I was talking as if we were still active JWs. Which I obviously know most of us are not.

• avengers
    avengers

All these sort of scriptures are used by the GB to screw up families.

"Jehovah is more important than family" yuck.

The "evil slave" strikes again.

Bah. I feel sick.

• Undecided
    Undecided

My parents fed and clothed me until I reached 18. What has Jesus done for anyone for the last 2000 years, except get many people killed trying to foster his religion.

Ken P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit