AUSTRALIA – Artemis Legal launches inquiry into group and class action lawsuits against Jehovah’s Witnesses

by jwleaks 63 Replies latest jw friends

• steve2
    steve2

To re-state what I had thought was obvious, the RC has absolutely no jurisdiction in stating which firm can or cannot represent aggrieved parties in actions against JW organization. Yes, it can make recommendations and have a convenient list of firms. I would go so far as to add that the only grounds for "warning" against any firm would mean that firm has done something illegal and is being investigated.

Furthermore, no list of recommended firms would ever be confidential, but the details of who is requesting such a list would be.

I acknowledge Umbertoecho has expressed a high level of upset over responses from others. I hope that she is able to read back over those responses and her own and see that posters requests for information were perfectly appropriate and in no way violated anyone's confidentiality. Umbertoecho brought a unique and informed voice to this forum - but her contribution to this thread has been baffling and, at times, bordering on offensive in her use of language - which is not like her. I'm hoping she will come back.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

sparrowdown - "Whoda thought, Jehovah using the love of unrighteous riches of law firms to tear down the WT case by case..."

Are you kidding?

This almost makes believe in the Judeo-Christian god again...

...'cause in the Bible, this is exactly the kind of thing he'd do to bitch-slap the ancient Isrealites when they got out of line... :smirk:

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Boo-yeah, almost poetic in it's ironic justice.

Just the thought of YHWH servin up a whole bunch-a-beef to the Borg via worldly lawyers (spit) and saying

"...BTW, dirtbags, my name IS NOT JEHOVAH!"

• scoobydont
    scoobydont

@ The Old Hippie: "I get the impression the lawyers sense blood in the water.

Or rather money in the pocket."

I wouldn't lose any sleep over that. The way I see it, it's just one wolf in sheep clothing taking chunks out of another wolf in sheep clothing. If the end result leads to an awakening of some JWs, that end will have justified the means !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit