What Did You "Become" After Leaving The Watchtower?

by SpannerintheWorks 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Azalo
    Azalo

sinner

• Prisca
    Prisca

Freer and happier.

• shamus
    shamus

Happy, and far less freaky... (I hope...)

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Happier. I still believe in God and pray, and I feel closer to God since I left because there's no rules getting in the way of talking to him/her/whatever. I can question his name and even his existence without fear. I figure if he created us in his image then the questions are meant to be there -- that's what propels us to seek knowledge, which is how we learn.

As our dear District Overbeer says: "It's all good."

Nina

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

Sane.

• Gordy
    Gordy

I became free, able to think for myself.

Not to worry about pleasing some Elder.

Not having to sit through 5 hours of boring meetings a week.

Not spending 3/4 days of my summer holiday stuck in some arena listening to endless talks.

Finding who God and Jesus Christ REALLY were.

Becoming a Christian.

Finding tremendous love and support from people who genuinely cared.

• Maverick
    Maverick

Like the scarecrow in OZ, wishing, "If I only had a brain!" Still unhooking all the mind-control crap they wired in! Maverick

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

I worship at the alter of those I loveI bask in that and nature. I do as I've said look around and believe there is a God I guess I just don't understand why he doesn't want to protect his children as much as I would.

• crownboy
    crownboy

Well, I've become a lot of things since shedding the JW's (good things, of course ), but in the context of this thread, I guess I'd choose agnostic (but atheist to the god's that men have hallucinated about and claimed to have recieved "revelations" from).

• Aztec
    Aztec

I guess agnostic is the most apropriate term. More applicable is apathetic agnostic. Don't know, don't care..LOL! I took a test and it said I was a secular humanist. I guess that works. :) ~Aztec

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit