Food for thought ? Talking to a JW ?

by smiddy3 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Some questions you may like to ask a Jehovah`s witness?

1.When did the modern day JW religion begin? We all know the stock answer to that Q that they will give ,but persevere .

For the past 2000 years there has never been an organization known as JW. right ?

They will probably quote Isaiah 43 but all you have to say is that was given to the nation of Israel and they never adopted the name Jehovah`s Witnesses ,and when Jesus was on earth he never condemned them for not doing it.

2.They claim that they were chosen in 1919 by Jesus at his inspection when he returned invisibly in 1914 .

No Jehovah`s Witnesses were not chosen by Jesus in 1919 ,by there own literature it was the "International Bible Students Association" ,IBSA .that were chosen,not JW`s. they may claim its ` the same thing ,but that`s not so . Why ?

3.The beliefs and practices of the IBSA were/are rejected by the JW`s of today ,so if what they beleived and preached back then they would be rejected by GOD today .

Another thing to remember is that the IBSA was by JW`s own words approved by GOD , and not Jehovah`s Witnesses .just because some members broke away from the IBSA and started a new religion doesn`t mean Jehovah God kept supporting it.

Isn`t there a warning in the New Testament about starting a new doctrine one contrary to what the Apostles preached ?

Followers of Jesus Christ were never instructed to preach a Jehovah`s Kingdom doctrine that is the heading of their official magazine the Watchtower.

The new Testament is all about the kingdom of Christ Jesus, that his followers were to advertise and make known.

Your thoughts are welcome .

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

This is the Gospel Message preached by the apostles and designed for the church age:

1. Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

2. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, 19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.

But, JW's do not preach this "ministry of reconciliation" that the apostles preached.

Gal. 1: 8-9 says TWICE that if you preach any other message from what the apostles preached you are cursed.

JW's believe that the ministry of reconciliation ended in the 1914-1935 era and that the kingdom message replaced it. So, they are an especially blind & cursed people.... as we can all attest.

The kingdom message that Jesus commanded to be preached (Mt. 24: 14) wont kick into full gear until the Great Tribulation has started and people are fully woke but confused by all the wars and destruction of the anti-christ. This is not a primary church-age message but a primary great tribulation message. The 144,000 Jews will be explaining during this time that the reason that the world is falling apart is because the old government is on its way out and the new government (Millennium Reign) is on its way in.

The kingdom message will be preached by the 144k literal Jews described in Rev. Chs. 7 & 14 and not modern-day JW's.

• Biahi
    Biahi

I believe there is a statement somewhere in the Watchtower stating proudly that they have “a different gospel “. If someone can find this quote, it would be helpful to this discussion.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

They won't care.

JW's do not know the history of their religion. JW's do not know the doctrinal basis for their beliefs. JW's DO KNOW that someone asking questions that they cannot answer are a "danger" to them (because they have been told this over and over).

Run, Forrest, Run! will be the first thought that they have.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

No Jehovah`s Witnesses were not chosen by Jesus in 1919 ,by there own literature it was the "International Bible Students Association" ,IBSA .that were chosen,not JW`s

AND-----the IBSA ----STILL EXIST!

So if God choose them in 1919, there is no evidence that God disowned them and changed sides to WT.

https://internationalbiblestudents.com/

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

Problem is that being a JW is kind of a sweet gig. All the correct decisions will be made for you now. If you follow those decisions you get to live forever without ever having to think for yourself. Remember if you don't make any decisions then you can't make any mistakes.

Do JWs ever think about their responsibility if the GB steers them in the wrong direction?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    Do JWs ever think about their responsibility if the GB steers them in the wrong direction?

I think many JWs would say that Joe Hoover would only hold the GB responsible.

I guess they forget about who was held responsible when King David defiantly took a census?

• Longlivetherenegades
    Longlivetherenegades

@ DesirousOfChange

Spot on. Many of the kings in Israel and Judah do led the people into false worship and the kings alone didn't suffer the consequence that comes alongside it

• wozza
    wozza

Smiddy3

"No Jehovah`s Witnesses were not chosen by Jesus in 1919 ,by there own literature it was the "International Bible Students Association" ,IBSA .that were chosen,not JW`s. they may claim its ` the same thing ,but that`s not so . Why ?'

So then this leads to the question who really is "THE ISRAEL OF GOD" in the NT ?

The watchtower says it's the 144K but how can that be if Rutherford apostasized and threw the IBS away and immediately taught things that kept him in new homes ,limo's and booze ?

Great read Smiddy

• PhilosophicalLogic
    PhilosophicalLogic

This is all really interesting, you guys really know your stuff! I just started learning about Jehovah’s Witnesses a couple days ago, so I can share the Christian Gospel of Christ with them.

Are you guys ex-JWs or are you just Christians who witness to them?

@Sea Breeze

I thought you made an awesome point, the Jehovah’s Witnesses are not preaching the Gospel Paul required of the Church. The ministry of reconciliation is indeed what we must preach.

@smiddy3

Great questions, where did you come up with them? Did you get them from a book?

Also, it sounds like you talk to a lot of Jehovah’s Witnesses, where do you find them online? I don’t see many on social media.

I just found this site, and I’m loving it, you guys have a lot of great things to say.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit