Unbelief and Salvation

by lriddle80 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty
    Once you've tasted the goodness of God and seen the miracles. I couldn't do it knowing what I know now

Once you've understood how the bible promotes slavery and infanticide and how an all powerful and loving god is incompatible with reality I couldn't go on believing.

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

Ok, well I'm probably going to pray for you for the rest of my life because love always hopes. 💕

• cofty
    cofty

Thanks but better than praying you could address my objections to faith.

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

They are your objections. We could discuss culture and God working within the boundaries of evil humanity...I'm sure God is the only one who can turn a heart though.

I only slept about 4 hours last night thinking about all of this and praying for you and all the people I love who are far from God. Maybe I'll never see any of my prayers come to fruition. Many people have told me to give up on certain people but I never will. I'll die first. Once you're in my heart that's it.

• cofty
    cofty

Then pray god gives you an answer to why he approved of slavery and infanticide. That would be a massive help.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I am much more comfortable with an indifferent god who sees this universe as an experiment, than the ones described in many religious texts. Gods that are powerful enough to fashion magnificent and massive universes, yet are deeply concerned with making sure that the beings on one tiny speck blindly recognize their greatness, on pain of eternal torment... that sounds like one very disturbed individual. Not the sort of person I'd want hovering over me, ready to judge me for eternity.

I would more urgently need to be saved from such a creature.

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

Ok, that's what I'll pray for you then and I'll pray God gives me insights on these issues.

My name is Lori, nice to make all your acquaintances.

• cofty
    cofty

Thanks Lori.

If you ever want to discuss these topics I'm happy to do so.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

spotykamy siÄ™, Lori

My name is Paul

Nazywam się Paweł

.........just practicing. I used to be an Elder(tm) in a Polish congregation.

I'm still bonkers.

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

Cofty OK!

Nice to meet you Paul! All the best people are bonkers! 😀

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit