Another Up Building Field Service Experience

by ThomasCovenant 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

You certainly shut them up, though I still think this type approach has little value aside from making you feel good.

The way to make them respond and engage is not by coming out guns blazing in this manner.

• antes8080
    antes8080
    Sir do you still want the magazines?
  • Ding
    Ding

I'm surprised they stayed that long once they realized you were an "apostate" who is not wanting to "return to Jehovah."

Of course, they do get to count their time.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Excellent point about free will and their lack of use of it.

I wish more would gently and intelligently challenge their beliefs like this, when they come to the door. If more people did I think many of the JWs (the ones I know anyway) would start feeling very uncomfortable about what they actually believe and that the WT expects them to defend the indefensible.

• Alive!
    Alive!

I remember staying at a relative's house (not a JW) and one Saturday morning....'Knock knock'.....I'm standing at the kitchen door and so looked on as he went out to the porch....

Two JW women over 50 something.....with magazines on Satan.

After a quick initial greeting.... The conversation went like this....

'did you know God's word, the bible states that the world is lying in the power of the wicked one...that's the devil, Satan'

'Well, to be honest - I'm an atheist, so I don't believe in God'

'That's interesting - We find many people say that today ....thank you for expressing your thought...so do you think God will allow Satan to cause wickedness in the world forever?'

'Errrrr....well, like I said, I don't believe in God'

'May I just read you this interesting scripture in this paragraph?' ...( without pausing goes onto complete her rehearsed presentation) .....then 'do you not agree with this?'

'Errr well, I don't believe in God or the bible soon I'm afraid you are wasting your time' ( all this said with a sweet smile and a degree of bemusement)

'Well, I'm sure you'd find this article very interesting - I enjoyed it and I'm sure you will too - I'd like to leave the magazine with you and come back to hear your comments at another time'

This was getting very painful - I was fully 'in' at the time - but I remember the quiet internal desperation I felt - is this the best we can do? Listening to one of our 'presentations' from an eye witness perspective and other side of the door perspective was ..... Unsettling.

But then again - I've heard a lot, lot worse.

'

• steve2
    steve2

LOL Alive! They have their spiel, and come hell or high water, they will not be derailed from that spiel. Embarrassing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit