I think the CO just knocked on my door.

by schnell 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• schnell
    schnell

I can't be too sure, because I didn't answer, but my mother had called me this morning and said this week is our CO visit.

It's been a while since I last had elders at my door. Last time that happened, I posted about it, so it was only a few months.

I really don't want to talk with them. Is there a chance I'll be announced as "no longer one of..." after he's left if I don't?

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

From what I can make out you don't have anything to worry about if they

don't get the idea you're living /sleeping with someone they don't think

you should

Or have Cupid saying let me be your valentine on your front door,

A reminder:

Don't talk to them, it's "I'm having personal problems I really can't talk" and

don't say a thing

Express yourself elsewhere!

:0)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

They`ll forget about you,the moment they knock on another door..

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

with any luck.

• schnell
    schnell

Express yourself elsewhere!

:0)

Oh yeah. I don't believe in stifling my own expression just to keep them satisfied. The cult is theirs. I've already debated an elder once, wherein he concluded, "At some point, you have to decide there is a god." Brilliant.

My strategy is to play nice, avoid where ever possible, end conversations as gracefully as possible, and bring up Deuteronomy 18:20-22 when pushed.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Is there a chance I'll be announced as "no longer one of..." after he's left if I don't ?

No, they tend to DF people after they talk to them and the person comes out in opposition to the Borg .

A lack of attendance isn't a clause for DFing in most situations.

If they don't see you at the meetings and they somehow get in contact with you , the best thing is just be polite and say your not interested in it anymore, but stop right there.

Do not go into why, just say its for personal reasons, if you do get into long drawn out debate they will perceive you as an apostate and they certainly will DF you.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

and bring up Deuteronomy 18:20-22 when pushed.

Realistically I wouldn't even do that, don't quote Scriptures at all because your just implicating yourself for grounds of apostasy in their minds.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Don't answer! Once they get you talking, they will find a way to hang you from the highest tree. If you continuously don't answer, eventually they will forget about you . They did us. Thank God!

• schnell
    schnell
    Realistically I wouldn't even do that, don't quote Scriptures at all because your just implicating yourself for grounds of apostasy in their minds.

And at that point, I'd speak with Unitarian Universalists and Freethinkers groups instead. I believe getting caught doing so today would incriminate me as well. And I'd tell them what happened.

"Yes, I got officially, bureaucratically shunned for pointing out scripture to them. Funny, right?"

Maybe even the newspaper. "AREA MAN SHUNNED BY CULT AFTER READING SCRIPTURE". Okay, maybe the Onion.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

If you have family that are practicing JWS and you want to retain a certain relationship with them, it is always best to leave unDFed and you probably know the reason why .

This is what I did and I've been out for 30 years or more

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit