PIMO but to scared to talk about doubts

by Indoubtbigtime 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Indy. I think you might be getting too wound up about all this. There's nothing you can do about it. The Governing Body(tm) (Pee be upon them), will do what the hell they bleedin' well want.

Just breathe my ol' mucker. Take time out from them and BREATHE.

• LostintheFog1999
    LostintheFog1999

indoubtbigtime

Can I ask why are you still PIMO?

If you believe anything of the Bible aren't you afraid that you need to leave "so as not to share in her sins" (Rev 18:4).

Personally I would be running for the hills as fast as I could, if like you I knew that this was all a sham.

• Indoubtbigtime
    Indoubtbigtime
    LostintheFog199915 hours ago

indoubtbigtime

Can I ask why are you still PIMO?

If you believe anything of the Bible aren't you afraid that you need to leave "so as not to share in her sins" (Rev 18:4).

Personally I would be running for the hills as fast as I could, if like you I knew that this was all a sham

-

I don’t want to be shunned and lose family and friends

I still believe in intelligent design rather than chance evolution

but I don’t believe the GB are correct

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    indy - I don’t want to be shunned and lose family and friends

That's fair enough and quite natural. That's the reason the Corporation(tm) has introduced Disfellowshipping(tm), to lock you in

I still believe in intelligent design rather than chance evolution

Again. Fair enough. So did I until I got out of the mind control of the Corporation(tm). Now, I'm free to explore my own route with an open mind.

but I don’t believe the GB are correct

They're not. The Corporation(tm) is just another cult.

If it helps; when I was coming out of the Corporation's(tm) mind control, I viewed them as being like the 'Apostate'(tm) leaders of Israel that took the people down an ungodly path.

I'm sorry for your pain. Perhaps a slow fade would be of use to you. Also, check out Logical Fallacies and see how the Corporation(tm) uses them.

Check out Loaded Language and how Watchtower Corporation(tm) uses it to control your mind.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

If you have concerns talk to your Doctor about vaccines and their efficacy. Take medical advice from qualified medical practitioners, not cult leaders, YouTube or anonymous forum posts.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Nicolaou is right . This vaccine thing is overblown and it is not a core doctrine of the faith. Concentrate on Scriptural matters and beliefs . The slaughter of all but Witnesses at Armageddon is far more important and was a key thought in my awakening. Actually it is ok to express doubts, the Bible says so , Jude vs 23. I raised questions politely and humbly as part of my fade .. It takes time but it is possible to exit if you do it carefully.

Depending on their attitude the congregation can be easier to deal with than your family. You may have to compromise to keep family ties, that is your decision.

• TD
    TD

Nicolaou is right.

The JW faith is an epic conspiracy theory, where a relatively small number of people know the "Truth" while the vast majority are mislead by an evil manipulator.

It's why JW's believe they are qualified to argue with any expert on any subject.

Hematology, Astrophysics, Paleontology, Astronomy, Anthropology, Archeology, Linguistics, you name it. The JW's know much more than those who have spent their entire lives in these fields.

Shedding that mindset doesn't happen overnight.

For some people, it doesn't happen at all. They spend the rest of their lives taking their information from dubious sources

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit