JW Pays Apostate £2000!

by Englishman 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Here`s a true story that will gladden the heart of anyone who`s been cut dead because of the WTBTS unsriptural and barbaric shunning policy.

Some time ago I was contacted by my old friend Fred. He lives in Portsmouth, my old stomping ground and the scene of my DFing. (I was DFd for not accepting DFing.)

Fred wanted me to do some consultancy work connected to a kitchen re-modelling firm. Fred was a partner in the company.

We haggled a bit and eventually it was agreed that I would do 22 days work for a fee of £2000- that`s about $3100. Nice easy money too!

Come the Monday I set off on the 2 hour drive from Weston to Portsmouth. I met Fred outside the premises and went inside to meet the other directors.

After all the hand shakes I was taken to meet Albert,
    the company accountant. Now this guy was something else!

Fred said: "Albert, I`d like you to meet Mike H, he`ll be working with us this month."

Now at this point the dialogue between myself and Albert descended into farce. I`m blessed with an excellent memory so I`m happy to relate the coversation between us pretty well vebatim. After Fred had introduced me this is what was said:

Albert: "Not the Mike H who used to be a Jehovahs witness and who was disfellowshipped from the Leigh Park congregation?"

Fred: "Dis- what?"

Me: "I decided that I didn`t want to be a JW. That was 20 years ago. Who are you and what has this got to do with you?"

Albert: "I`ll tell you who I am. I am a servant of the most high God Jehovah! I wont have anything to do with a disfellowshipped person!"

Me: "I`ve never met you before in my life. Nor have you even seen me before. You know nothing about me. I`ve not lived in Portsmouth for over 20 years. Why, I bet you dont even know why I was DFd!"

Albert: "The society know. Thats good enough for me."

Fred: "Hold on a bit Albert. You wont speak to Mike and you don`t know why you wont speak to him?"

Albert: "The reason was never announced, but brothers told me. There was a whole bunch of `em that was thrown out- Norman A., Michael P., Laurie S., Pamela P., Sandy H., Sally I., Gordon S.,- lots and lots of them! They were all at it! Like rabbits!"

Me: "At what?"

Albert "You were all wife swappers!"

Me: "Rubbish!"

Albert: "And you`ve been to prison!"

Me: "WHAT?"

Albert: "Yes! I know that you seduced under age girls. And you burgled houses. And you see fortune tellers!"

Me: "You lying little sod. I`m going to punch you on your bloody nose!"

Fred: "Stop stop stop!"

And so it went on. Albert was not to be mollified and I just wanted to wring his sanctimonious little neck.
    Eventually it was decided that it was either me or Albert.

Oddly enough, Albert came up with a solution that suited everyone.

"Would I leave the company immediately if he (Albert)re- imbursed me personally the £2000 that I would have earned if I had completed my consultancy?"

As you may imagine I was holding myself back from performing somersaults! I managed to look suitably grave however and aquiesced.

The upshot of all this was that Albert did indeed pay me- 4 cheques for £500 pounds each,each cheque dated a week apart thank you very much.

I heard later that the company eventually went broke. However the only other people who left with their wages untouched were the part time JWs brought in later, and of course, Albert.

I love a win!

Englishman.

PS: I posted this on H20 last year. I thought that some of the new posters might enjoy this refined account.

• TR
    TR

Englishman,

After the final payment, did you still feel like going back and bloddying Albert's nose? I would have. What a piece o' shit.

TR

"cults suck"

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Taken the money and then keyed his car.

. o O (slipnslidemaster)

• fred_halls_mummy
    fred_halls_mummy

Hallo Englander.

I was just wandering: You then are one of my sohn Freds friends? How kann it be he never talking is a baut you more?

mummy

• zev
    zev

englishman....
    some time ago we chatted about the different words the english used as compared to us americans.

Me: "You lying little sod.

can you explain to me how the british came up with that sod word? why they use it and where its appropriate to do so? i watched an english mini series on pbs a couple years ago and that word was being tossed about and i couldnt get the connection. but i did figure out, it wasnt flattering,

__
    zev
    Sitting on the Wrong Side of the Fence Class

• Englishman
    Englishman

Yo. Zev!

Actually it's a very mild swear word, but it refers to a sodomoist, Ha!, sodomist, ie, one who commits sodomy or buggery.

So the English friendly greeting of: "How are you, you silly sod, you are a daft old bugger aren't you?" referes to that persons sexual preferences, although the term "Bugger" is normally used in a semi-affectionate manner.

Englishman.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Nice one english...perhaps you could point him my way, so that i could do some work for him!

Yours dig

Ordinary people just like you and me...
    We're the keepers of our destiny...

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Indeed!! I could use a little extra cash for nothing. Didn't even have to buy a lottery ticket. Good for you.
    TW

• Englishman
    Englishman

Try this link for UK swear words: http://www.londonslang.com/db/film_slang/

• willy_think
    willy_think

if he believes thay you can bet the house thay all believe the same thing. sounds like slander to me. what does your solicitor say?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit