If you could turn back time (cher)

by JH 13 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

If you could turn back time, where and when would you go?

I'd go back to the 80's....

Life was more fun then, just about everything was legal. People had more fun then than today. It was my good ol days... Less worries than today. Less stress.

I'm older than the average here, and I saw things you didn't...................Believe me, those days were worth living. They won't come back though.

I guess older than me will say their time was even better..........

• Celia
    Celia

I would want to go back to the early 80s too.... do things differently, choose different roads... and I certainly would not be where I am today.

• Dawn
    Dawn

I'd go back to the late 80's - my son was so little then and I was so busy trying to finish school, work, etc. I'd love to go back from one more day to just sit and hold him while he was little......and then I could also see my dad, my grandmother, and my brother all of whom I have lost in the past 2 years.

• IronGland
    IronGland

What was legal in the 80's that is not legal now? Aside from MDMA?

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Oh, I would love to go back to the 80's I would have more kids and spend much more time as Dawn said holding and kissing them. I would ignore my inlaws and I would leave the troof and drag Thunder with me. I would work on my art with my kids and not let anyone tell me that there isn't any reason to pursue it. I would also have my Mother go to the Doctor and see if they can get a hold on the Alzheimer's. <sigh> so much more

• JH
    JH

Less laws. You could drive your car drunk. Bars were full. Girls everywhere hitchiking. Park anywhere free. Less trafic.

Everything was better. Nicer roads, cheaper gasoline, cost of living cheaper.

100000000000 things come to mind

Everything was better. Lots of jobs, that payed more than today. Cost of living lower. climate was better...................air was better.............

The music was better than today.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I'd go back to the 70's and invest in Apple. Then in 1980-81 I would invest in Microsoft. Then I would be a happy camper.

Everyone knows that money is secret to happiness.

• IronGland
    IronGland

I'd go back to 1945 and be a Marine on Iwo Jima, and die via direct hit with a mortar shell. After I helped raise the flag.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

The 80's...OMG!!

Leg warmers, pastel pink and grey, stone wash demin, break dancing, ghetto blasters, Boy George, the Thompson Twins, DEVO, I could go on and on - those were the days. A packet of cigarettes were $1.98 and cartons of milk had only just replaced bottles. My favourite TV show was Little House on the Prairie and I was so in love with Leif Garrett.

Ah yes the 80's....back when I was young and foolish! If I could have chosen a different path, I would have listened to my teachers and furthered my education. My jw mother couldn't see past the new system, so university studies were out of the question. If only I knew then what I know now.

~Beck~

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

I wouldn't mind going back to the 50's. I love that era. The foundations of rock n' roll were being laid, men were still chivalrous, and how fun would poodle skirts have been?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit