JW-God's channel of communication

by enoughisenough 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough
    The faithful slave is considered God's channel of communication. ( though not inspired of God ) Does anyone else find the use of the word channel interesting in this regard? From where I am sitting it denotes spiritism. It seems they are hiding what they really are in plan sight. Note definition:What is the meaning of Channelling?
    the practice of professedly entering a meditative or trancelike state in order to convey messages from a spiritual guide.
    Not too long ago I posted about a bethelite who was channelling art/characters.
  • TonusOH
    TonusOH

The implication is clear: Jehovah is using them to communicate with the world. This is why it sounds so bad when they later claim to be fallible men who can get things wrong. If god wanted to use you as his channel of communication, why wouldn't he make sure that you got the message out clear and correct? Otherwise, doesn't it make god seem incompetent, that he cannot get his message across clearly? Why would your imperfect nature matter? Does god not know how to use people to get important messages across?

'God chose us to get this message to you, but please be aware that we might screw it up' is not the sort of thing that breeds confidence. It's the kind of thing a con man might say.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Hebrews 1: 1 - 2 God, who at various times and in diverse ways spoke long ago to the fathers through the prophets, has in these last days spoken to us by His Son

The reason the WT exists is because of biblical ignorance. No one is God's channel in the Church Age as the verse above announces. The Son inhabits each saved believer through the new birth.

Col 1:27 To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

Jehovah's Witnesses (and all other unsaved people) are naturally quite happy with their first birth and certainly don't want Jesus living inside of them. So, they opt for another channel since the one God provided isn't good enough for them.

The reason that God must work from the inside is because exterior Laws were proven beyond a doubt not to work in the Age of Law, which ended at the Cross.

Christ was the end of the Law. He offers himself not only as a substitute for our punishment due each of us, but also as a substitute for our "righteousness". Is. 64: 6 - "all our righteousnesses are like filthy rags".

If people had a clear understanding of what Christianity is, regardless if they personally accept it or not, the WT could not exist because it is so opposite of scripture and apostolic teaching.

If people make the choice not to invite Jesus into their being, I can't see how they could ever follow such a blasphemous organization such as the WT. They only do it out of ignorance.

• Freeorange
    Freeorange

Yes it’s very suspect but then WT has always been involved in the other realms - just ask Massimo!

https://youtu.be/sG3-w8mOivw?si=kYQcV2XDP6-he6yw

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

The old green bible - I think it was- Editorial stated that Westcott and Hort revised version was used as well they were noted in the Kingdom Interlinear Translation of the Greek Scriptures. Were they not members of The Ghost Society? This, they said was to investigate the appearance of ghosts. In the day, they were quite an issue? Westcott and Hort were evolutionists who denied the Genesis account of creation.

Westcott denied the reality of Heaven. He wrote in his commentary of John 1:18, "The 'bosom of the Father' (like heaven) is a state and not a place."

So with these two profound statements indications are that God is not using the current org. as a channel since they allowed WH versions to be included in their bible for years but they have since dropped them because it's not in the silver sword. That was only built on previous translations from the society. I guess that was a new light they received from the holy spirit they dropped from "the father, the son and ____(Jehovahs organization)" in Matt 28:19

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

truthlover 123 Johannes Greber New Testament translation was an influance in the NWT. His wife was a spirit medium and she helped him in some areas of the translation...Widipedia :In 1923, he attended a séance and his life was changed. He renounced his vows and left the Catholic church. He emigrated to the USA in 1929 and began a nondenominational church, with prayer and healing sessions in Teaneck, NJ. He later worked on a translation of the New Testament, publishing ‘’The New Testament, A New Translation and Explanation Based on the Oldest Manuscripts’’ (1935). He claimed using the oldest sources available including the Greek codex D. Where a meaning was not clear, according to his prologue, he received supernatural guidance as he translated, after much time in prayer, with his wife acting as a medium, and with visions of the actual words given to him on occasion. “In the rare instances in which a text pronounced correct by the divine spirits can be found in none of the manuscripts available today, I have the text as given by the spirits.”[1]

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Perhaps WT should consider an upgrade to digital or even cable. Their current channel is never very clear.

Why Don't TVs Have Static and White Noise Anymore?

• jhine
    jhine

Jeremiah 14:14

Then the Lord said to me

" The prophets are prophesying lies in my name . I have not sent them or appointed them or spoke to them . They are prophesying to you false visions, divinations, idolotries and the delusions of their own minds "

Jan from Tam

• jhine
    jhine

Or Deut 18 : 22

' When a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord , if the thing follows not , nor comes to pass that is the thing that the Lord hath not spoken but the prophet spoke it presumptuously, thou shalt not be afraid of him '

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete
    Hebrews 1: 1 - 2 God, who at various times and in diverse ways spoke long ago to the fathers through the prophets, has in these last days spoken to us by His Son

Forgive me for pointing out the obvious. The writer was similarly asserting that 'Jesus' was speaking through him and fellow church leaders. Jesus' message was in part that those were the 'last days' 2000 years ago.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit