Do Not Judge So That You Will Not Be Judged. Mth. 7:1

by VW.org 7 Replies latest jw friends

• VW.org
    VW.org

I do not believe in the bible but I will use the reasoning from the New Testament to argue against Watchtower. The reason I will only use the New Testament is that Jesus replaced the Mosaic Law with himself. Even Watchtower agree with this principle.

Why do Watchtower use judicial committees to judge. There were no judicial committees in the first century. The only arrangement for the elders was to help spiritually sick to have a clean conscience. James 5:13-15. The only law Jesus gave was to love one another. Freeing the jews from the law of the Pharisees who put to many burdens on the Jews. Jesus also gave a commandment Not to judge as you will be judged by god.

The Watchtower pick and choose what they want from the old testament. For example, no tattoos, no dressing up in clothing that resembles that of the opposite sex. There is more of these but I will not add further examples. An exception to this is beards. It was a reqirement for Jews to have beards from the mosaic law. But this is a no no according to the Watchtower who seem to be inconsistent without justification.

For any of you JW lurkers reading this, take note. You are being deceived.

To sum up. Judicial Committees make a judgement that causes all sorts of grief. JESUS gave us a commandment not to judge. Further to this he said to treat everyone as brothers and sisters. No governing body was set up in the first century.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

There is clear evidence in the N.T that the whole Congregation was to be involved if a really sinful person was to be expelled, from memory, the Bible Students under Russell and for a period under Rutherford followed this pattern.

Some degree of Judgement was employed in this.

I can see there are problems with this in our day and age, openly naming someone and their sin, but, you are right, no J.C.s or Branches or GB in the 1st Century.

The JW Org is quite unashamed in cherry-picking Scripture to justify whatever it wants to do, and will refer back to the O.T on the basis that "the principle" is found there, whilst blithely ignoring a whole raft of "principle" that they do not wish to follow. They are not alone in this practice of course, but it is still something they should be ashamed of.

• VW.org
    VW.org

The Watchtower teach dubs to not be involved in jury service. These dubs include elders. A bit hypocritical isn't it that elders would not attend jury service, because of the possibility of a misjudgment but on the other hand, judge in a judicial committee. I suppose it's all to do with the holy spirit directing the judicial committee. How delusional. Three window washers in a room with no qualifications. Yet in a court room, there are qualified legal professionals with access to what ever it takes to make a judgment.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I'm with her on that.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Here is the problem , Paul if you believe the guy really exsisted and wrote all the books hes said to have wrote, contradicts what Jesus said if you believe he was real. So the Bible is kinda like WT Russel said a bunch of crap then Rutherford comes along and says a bunch of stuff that contradicts Russel.

• bleak
    bleak

Regardless of what some Jehovah's Witness might say, the Bible also says...

But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.
    ~ Hebrews 5:14

In other words, JUDGE or discern what is good from evil. If we didn't use judgement, we would be like a computer on the internet without virus protection.

Here's another...

11Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them; 12for it is disgraceful even to speak of the things which are done by them in secret. 13But all things become visible when they are exposed by the light, for everything that becomes visible is light.

14For this reason it says,
    “Awake, sleeper,
    And arise from the dead,
    And Christ will shine on you.”
    ~ Ephesians 5:11-14

Sounds like a little judgement going on. Otherwise, how is one able to distinguish Right from Wrong? The dark from the light? Again, I'm not singling out JW. Only pointing to the pro judgemental quotes in the Bible. I don't believe every word in the Bible as we read it today is the Word of God or Christ or his deciples although much of it is. And I don't believe every word Paul said to be the truth. Colossians 3:22 is an example.

Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves.
    ~ Mark 10:16

One must judge to navigate the traps laid before them or else fall into them.

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

Regarding jury service VW.Org

It's down to the conscience these days.

We had one older brother who did all the research and before the judge gave him the "as a Christian I cannot judge other people etc etc," and was fortunate enough to be left off.

Whereas our congregation secretary made no bones about having served twice on jury service, and in particular a case where as he said, "we nailed the b****rd."

And yes, he has a reputation for a similar attitude in judicial committees I am told.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Here's an old testament ' principal' for them...people were judged in public, at the city gates. No star chambers there. And guess what? Women could Do the judging...

Cherry picked indeed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit