Has leaving made you racist

by Steel 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• Steel
    Steel

So I use to go this hall that was basically 100 percent white and basically anyone under the age of 40 has either faded or makes a token effort to keep the peace at home, of course outside of the usual dregs of society . The hall went from two congs to one and I was quite happy that in ten years they would be lights out.

Then in the last two years about six young Filipino families have moved in and three of them are newly baptized .

Why?

My mother’s theory is when you grow up in a third world country you don’t receive the proper nutrition in the womb and it effects your intelligence later in life.

I feel like a horrible person for thinking like this.

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

No not at all.

I don't get that connection?

• Steel
    Steel

It’s seems for a religion that once preyed upon on the middle class now seems to be the only people showing an interest are immigrants and the mentally ill.

I shouldn’t really say racist but think people know what I mean.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Noting a fact is not racist.

Denying facts is reverse racism.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

The watchtower is big in the philippines.

• Steel
    Steel

The entire country is basically some version of a Christian based cult.

I have been there.

• waton
    waton

Even if your home country has produced a Newton, an Einstein or two, Pythagorus or an R. Diesel,

living in the Philippines will cure you of the idea, that your race is the ideal form of humanity.

proper nutrition in the ---

S: Western nutrition has not made the place more attractive bsw. Those Pinoy families will not discuss 1914 flawed chronology with you, or the 12 tribes of israel in Rev 7, the second law of thermodynamics, but then neither will most "white" jws, but for sheer humanity, as defined by "jesus", they are tops.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Is the Philippines a third world country? My daughter went to school and is still friends with a boy from the Philippines. He went to Oxford to study medicine and is a qualified doctor now.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    I feel like a horrible person for thinking like this.

It was your mother's theory not yours. If you feel horrible about it....quit thinking that way.

Poor pre-natal care can cause all sorts of problems including learning issues. I think that rather than because of intelligence issues, the reason you're seeing so many folks from these areas is because they are often easily impressed or taken in by all things western. When you get to know them, they often don't fully "get" what the religion is really about. Because of cultural differences, they don't see it the same way as someone from the west does. When it comes to religion, they seem to gloss over the hard realities of the doctrines they believe in and are more interested in the routine and rituals that make them feel safe and gives them sense of belonging that comes with associating with a group of people. They are usually much more flexible about things than a JW from the west, JW's have a prepackaged program that makes it easy for new ones to belong, which is nice but it doesn't mean they have the ultimate truth or are the one true religion and that anyone who doesn't join them is and enemy of god and a follower of satan, as they claim.

• JimmyYoung
    JimmyYoung

To not like someone because of the color of their skin is not very intelligent. But that said Black culture and Islam is destructive and sick.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit