Does Jehovah Intervene - JW Teaching

by thedepressedsoul 45 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "Jehovah" never intervened in my life, particularly when I could have really used some intervention.
  • blondie
    blondie

*** w08 9/15 p. 9 par. 8 Jehovah Is “the Provider of Escape” for Us ***

As individuals, we know that our immediate physical protection is not guaranteed. We take the position expressed by the three faithful Hebrews who refused to bow down to King Nebuchadnezzar’s image of gold. Those God-fearing young men did not presume that Jehovah would miraculously protect them from physical harm. (Read Daniel 3:17, 18.) As matters turned out, Jehovah did deliver them from the flames of the fiery furnace. (Dan. 3:21-27) Even in Bible times, however, miraculous deliverance was the exception rather than the rule. Many faithful servants of Jehovah died at the hands of opposers.—Heb. 11:35-37.

*** w08 9/15 p. 9 par. 9 Jehovah Is “the Provider of Escape” for Us ***

What about today? As “the Provider of escape,” Jehovah certainly can deliver individuals from perilous situations. Can we definitively say whether Jehovah did or did not intervene in specific cases? No. Still, an individual who has escaped a dangerous situation may feel that Jehovah intervened. It would be presumptuous for others to take issue with his feeling. At the same time, we must realistically acknowledge that many faithful Christians have died as a result of persecution, as was the case during the Nazi era. Others have died under tragic circumstances. (Eccl. 9:11) We might ask, ‘Did Jehovah fail to be “the Provider of escape” for faithful ones whose lives were cut short?’ That could hardly be the case.

*** w08 9/15 p. 10 par. 14 Jehovah Is “the Provider of Escape” for Us ***

To highlight such spiritual protection, recall the parents mentioned at the outset of the preceding article. A few days after their daughter, Theresa, was reported missing, they received devastating news: She had been murdered. The father recalls: “I had prayed for Jehovah to protect her. When she was found murdered, I must admit that I initially wondered why my prayers were not answered. Of course, I know that Jehovah does not guarantee miraculous protection for his people individually. I continued to pray for understanding. I have been comforted in the knowledge that Jehovah protects his people spiritually—that is, he provides what we need in order to safeguard our relationship with him. That type of protection is most important, for it can affect our eternal future. In that sense, Jehovah did protect Theresa; she was serving him faithfully at the time of her death. I have found peace in knowing that her future life prospects are in his loving hands.”

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

Blondie - Now post all the articles, broadcasts, Year Book experiences and talks where they say that "Jehovah's hand provided!", "Clearly Jehovah had our backing" etc...

They want it both ways I've realized.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

When I was in, on the same day, a brother got let off from being charged for drink driving by a judge whilst a sister got raped.

The brother exclaimed that Jehoover had softened the judges heart and intervened since he needs his driving license to do the preaching work.

When I asked the brother why didn't Jehoover help the poor sister who was raped....he shrugged...Jehoover only knows he said.

I was disgusted.

• truthlover
    truthlover

We heard a story of how the Warwick property was purchased from a brother and sister just by luck one morning as they were just "thinking" of selling..... It had to be next to the whole parcel of land that was condemned and had massive contamination issues still ongoing........

Jehovah was given the credit.

Nuff said

• B4Right
    B4Right

Recently I heard these:

From a CO and his wife- before their assignment as a pioneer couple they started a business and got steady work for their needs. When their bills got to be overwhelming they prayed for more work and got more than they could handle- they said that was Satan giving them more than they need so they could be to busy for theocratic pursuits.

On jw.org in one of the monthly broadcast a sister became sick and she prayed to get better but she kept getting more sick -she prayed and prayed only to discover she had cancer- she prayed for relief and it got worst- her prayer changed to "give me more strength"- Jehovah gives us what we need to cope.- What kind of message do you think that send!

When one post said "time and unforeseen occurrence" I thought of:

About some 8 to 10 years ago a pregnant sister went missing only to be found dead with her baby cut out of her womb.

Also think of all the innocent people and lives lost over the centuries and wars and natural disasters

What about all the Christians killed in the great persecution of the Roman Empire, no doubt they prayed.

So what do you do with all that !!!

In the long run religion has confused our thinking of what created reality really is only to satisfy our thirst for emotional connection in mapping out our existence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit