Are JWs forgetting Jesus altogether?

by KerryKing 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

They are spending a lot of money and efforts on the new series of Jesus life and ministry being filmefd in Australia...

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I have made similar observations in the past although there are times when they focus on Jesus .. A District Convention theme a few years back was all about Jesus. There is the big project underway to video the whole life and Ministry of Jesus. The recent Broadcast made the point that Jesus is the final judge of mankind “ and the resurrection is by him….

So they do recognise him , but of course as subordinate to Jehovah. I still think they could do more to constantly keep him before their flock.

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, I did a search to see how often the provided presentations from the WTS said much about Jesus and the Kingdom compared to using Jehovah. Also in their songbook. Jesus took a back seat.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

there was a youtuber, ( can't remember which, but I think maybe Berean Pickets) who went through an article and searched out words like Jehovah, Organization, Jesus, etc...Jesus took the back seat.

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

Firstly, anyone complaining about the name "Jehovah" should also complain about the name "Jesus" as Jesus wasn't even his name either. His name was Yeshua.

Secondly, Jesus is only a central figure in one part of the Bible.

Thirdly, just because the JW's don't view Jesus as equal to God like trinitarian Christians do doesn't mean he takes a back seat. They literally call him the "Greatest Man Who Ever Lived." A disagreement about one fictional doctrine versus another fictional doctrine does not mean JW's are any less Christian than the church down the road. It's the very definition of the No True Scotsman fallacy.

(Disclaimer: I do not consider myself a Christian or even a believer in the divine, although I do believe Jesus was a real person and the sermon on the mount was a great representation of a Judeo-Buddhist hybrid philosophy.)

• blondie
    blondie

But, I think this is being discussed mainly from what the viewpoint is of jws, and how it does not fit with the picture painted of god in the old testament which they believe is from their god. Saying just Adam and Eve did not exist would not go far with jws.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit