Parking Attendant Training Videos

by Jofi_Wofo 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Really? How much "training" does a person need to tell people where to park their car.

My wife has managed parking the car on her own for years and every Mall in the area.

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

I used to do parking at every circuit assembly, and once I did it at a district assembly.

It was in the bottom half of the "enjoyable" scale for assembly / convention volunteer assignments. Mainly due to the weather (we somehow managed to get the circuit assemblies that fell on the coldest & snowiest days of the year). At the DC, it was the opposite problem - you'd be drenched in sweat by the end of the morning, then have to go into the air-conditioned facility and hope you didn't get pneumonia.

I can't for the life of me imagine why a training video would be needed. How long does it take to explain "wave and point, don't get run over, say 'watch your doors' and 'good morning brothers' as they park".

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    I can't for the life of me imagine why a training video would be needed.

You could be surprised. I remember an elder who filled that role and was horrible at it. He was unable to direct traffic properly and we ended up waiting a solid 45 minutes just to get out of the parking lot. Normally, every other years, it took about 10 to 15 minutes! I've never seen him in that spot again. BTW, I liked that elder, he just sucked at directing traffic. :)

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

Yeah that's a good point. I only ever did the morning parking lot duty. The afternoon session would be a lot harder, where 10 or 15 thousand people are trying to leave a relatively small space within 15 minutes of each other, versus arrivals from different directions spread out over 2 hours.

• Jofi_Wofo
    Jofi_Wofo

@Atlantis Thanks for the vid! I speak spanish, so that video will do the trick.

@desirousofchange @ffghost

Very little is said of the actual work involved with parking duty. We're given a little peek, in the form of the dramatization, of what goes into organizing parking arrangements and what could go wrong. More importantly, it stresses what a privilege and honor it is to serve Jehovah in such an outstanding way. Basically, a paint by numbers JW recruitment video where a mundane and unskilled task is given extreme importance as a way of drumming up excitement over nothing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit