spirit directed organization

by enoughisenough 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I was watching a video about WT and money and the "brother" refers to the "spirit directed organization." He also says they use donations wisely and modestly. Are the GB so deluded and therefore their followers? How does an organization claim be be spirit directed and not inspired by Holy Spirit at the same time? How is persuing endless lawsuits wise and modest use of donations? ( of course the R and F won't likely learn about the lawsuits as they have to obey these deluded leaders.)

• a watcher
    a watcher

It's just theocratic warfare word salad used against their own people.

• Ding
    Ding

"Are the GB so deluded and therefore their followers?"

Yes.

• BelisemDeBelimakom
    BelisemDeBelimakom

Yes, they are guided "by the spirit", but a spirit that is not of God. So it's not a complete lie. Thus they are still living according to the law/works. If it were the true spirit, they would be free (Galatians chapter 5). Hypnosis/ enchantment/spell is so powerful that we didn't see it for decades.

• wantingtruth
    wantingtruth

I recommend reading Isaiah 47. The word of God speaks here about the "daughter of Babylon", which is in our days the "organization" of Jws under the leadership of her "slave"(fds) leaded by de spirit of babylon ...
    See from Bible how God is addresing (speaking) to her ...

let's read verse 12 ...

“Persist now in your spells And in your many sorceries
    With which you have labored from your youth; Perhaps you will be able to benefit,
    Perhaps you may cause trembling."

----------

“Persist, then, [daughter of Babylon] in your enchantments And your many sorceries

With which you have labored from your youth; Perhaps you will be able to profit [from them],
    Perhaps you may prevail and cause trembling." ... Amplified B.

-----------------

We may see that God calls/names "SORCERIES" and enchantments all his changing "new" light and way of speaking .

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Call me gullible, but at one time I really believed that JW's were "spirit directed". I really believed that the Holy Spirit "moved" BOE or, for that matter, any official gathering of brothers to "miraculously" come to the same correct "spirit directed" conclusion (I know it's effing stupid to even write this out now).

I prayed for guidance. I thought everyone did. And, I thought as a collective body, we got it.

Now I know people see what they want to see. Just as I did. I wanted to believe that. So I did. In reality, there is no voodoo magic to it. At best, just a bunch of guys trying to do the right things. And often you do not even get that.

Then I took the RED PILL.

Red pill or blue pill? The future of post-pandemic digital experience |  SYZYGY GROUP

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

"He also says they use donations wisely and modestly."

So why does the WTBTS/CCoJW conceal its annual "charitable" income & expenditure from its 8m + adherents?

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Tony Morris: "Of course it's a spirit-directed organization! Why do you think I was buying all of that booze?"

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

Each religion is "guided by the spirit" , otherwise, how the could say 'we're the truth'....

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

Everything was always done through/by/ the holy spirit...right? Well, in all their wisdom, they ignore the holy spirits importance when asking question 2 at the baptism talk. That was it for me.

While the scripture says baptize in the name of the father, son AND holy spirit, that has been changed to father, son and Jehovahs organization... so now that questions everything they have stated in the past and in the future, even one's baptism status. By throwing the wording "holy spirit" out, they have no business ever mentioning that they are guided by that same holy spirit. That calls into question their relevance as an organization. That calls into question any articles, any guidance, any "new light", an anointing by holy spirit for their elders, ms, co, COBE, governing body appointments.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit