Did YOU have 'princes' in YOUR congregation?

by BoogerMan 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

LOL

w54 5/1 p. 277 par. 17 - Some of the “great crowd” are now serving in position of “princes,”

w64 12/1 p. 723 par. 28 - Psalm 45 talks prophetically about the Messianic King, Jesus Christ, and about his marriage to the bride class, the 144,000 joint heirs of him in the heavenly kingdom. Then, in addressing the King Jesus Christ, Psalm 45:16 prophetically says: “In place of your forefathers there will come to be your sons, whom you will appoint as princes in all the earth.”

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Well, Prince did join the JWs for a time, but that's about it as far as I know.

• Ding
    Ding

Are all elders considered princes?

JWs have to obey them as if they are.

• waton
    waton

Some princes certainly are preening themselves.

• Biahi
    Biahi

No, but they thought they were

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The WBT$ really know how to crowbar nonsense into scriptures!

Imagine being called out on....

Psalm 45:16 prophetically says: “In place of your forefathers there will come to be your sons, whom you will appoint as princes in all the earth.”

......by a householder(TM).

I think the Jobot would have to offer to do a return visit(TM) after researching the publications(TM).

They'd find nothing that proves the statement. A return visit not made.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

I would say alot of weak minded men given alittle so called power. That has gone to their heads. And also to their wives.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Fooly - a lot of weak minded men given a little so called power

I've seen this many-a-time.

Then they think they're not Dunning-Kruger candidates, but imbued with special knowledge.

They piously spout outlandish poppycock from the platform(tm) expecting their words to be treated as if from divine revelation.

Those sort always made me feel that there wasn't enough vomit in the world to express how they disturbed me.

Man, there has been some utter shyte dribbled from the platform(tm)........and then it becomes law.

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

Punkofnice Think probably reason why talks kept getting shorter and shorter. To many JW went out of script and just drabble personal opinions

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Psalm 45 is a marriage song sung for a polygamist warring King marrying yet another princess of another people (Tyre of Phoenicia) . It is impossible to definitively identify the original intended King but many have sought to do that. (Interestingly Ahab's marriage to Jezebel has been persuasively argued.)

The Psalm has stirred the imagination of Jews and Christians alike. Jews connect it with the Messiah as did the writer of Hebrews, who of course saw Jesus in that role.

17Instead of thy fathers shall be thy sons,
    Whom thou shalt make princes in all the land.

This line about the bride and groom having sons/ princes filling the role of their fathers, simply means inheriting the throne in a dynastic sense. The wildly ill fitting interpretation of the WT unfortunately isn't that much worse than the writer of Hebrews.

To identify this as a "prophecy" of Jesus should be offensive to Christians. Here we have a King disobediently marrying many foreign wives and the song revels in violence and extravagance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit