My Ex CO in Texas was 25 years old.

by Iamallcool 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

He became CO when he was 23. I was wondering is he the youngest CO ever? His name is Jonathan Smith. He is from South Dakota. I wouldn't be surprised if he is still the CO! Anybody know him?

• fulano
    fulano

I don't believe that, unless the fifties.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

I knew of two brothers in Australia who would have been even younger (22 years old) when they began serving as "Circuit Servants" in the 1950s. Ones age could not have been too much of a problem back then!

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

When he came to my congregation, a lot of people were very surprised that he is very young. Maybe others here know him too! He served the Houston TX Circuit. I wouldn't lie about his age. I asked one of the elders how old is he?? The word spread quickly about his age. He is born in JW.

• Are you serious
    Are you serious

How long ago was that? That would be pretty surprising if it was recent. Not shocking considering they could be having problems recruiting new COs.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

1990's

• steve2
    steve2

It's hard to get my head around such very young men needing to have the wherewithal to handle some very serious and complex issues faced by so many congregations.

But I suppose if they're company men, they'll simply intact the branch who will direct wheat needs to be done.

Besides single COs would be less of a financial strain on the organization than married ones.

• NeedToKnow
    NeedToKnow

All that life experience........

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Jonathan Smith?

That's funny, isn't that the name of the angel from that old Heaven Can wait TV show on netflix.

• stillin
    stillin

Will Gorham was quite young, as well as wet-behind-the-ears newly associated when he served my old congregation years ago. (the '80's) He picked out a bride from his first circuit, if I'm not mistaken, and that put him on the fast track to career hunting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit