Field service even when parts of town are flooded.

by StephaneLaliberte 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Yes, you heard right. This morning, Jehovah's Witnesses in Gatineau were preaching door to door when parts of their city are under water.1500 volunteers (not JWs) showed up to help their fellow citizen in need. Meanwhile, JWs were knocking on the doors in areas that were not flooded talking about how the weather is messed up and how it is a sign of the end.

• baker
    baker

One word, cult.

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

It always bugged me when the Witlesses say how bad world conditions are now which proves how close the end is. Such stupidity is hard to fathom. All one has to do is look at WWII where over 60,000,000 people died in a few years and cities were bombed and there was food rationing. Today is a cake walk.

Sour Grapes

• waton
    waton

Even Noah is depicted by wt to have the weekly family worship night, with flame illumination, while the innocents drowned outside. wt has a long history of moral inertia.

• Sorry
    Sorry

I always found it horrible how JWs (not just my family but the entire congregation it seems) don't want to voulnteer for charity or relief efforts (unless directly told to by the GB, COs or elders) because "This is the last days and doing these things won't improve world conditions. Preaching about the end of this system will." Disgusting lack of responsibility.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

I remember going in service in pouring rain, drenched through, territory that is seldom worked (or whatever they call it). The car had dropped us off and were off working about an hour away.

The last house we did, the car was still 15m out, someone let us in, he said something like: I don't agree with your message but I don't think it's right that you should be outside in this weather. We countered with the regular flimflam about how concerned we are about our neighbors and the good news and that we don't have a lot of opportunity to go out in his area. He answered: I know you feel it is your duty and you are assigned to come out here but I'm sure that if God wanted me to know, he wouldn't have sent you today.

Even though it started me thinking and I started developing questions, I didn't feel the need to be a pioneer anymore after that although I didn't quit the JWs for another 3-4 years though. I never thought about that guy until now but I think for me, that may have been the beginning of the end.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Jehovahs Witnesses never engage in community relief to help non witnesses in natural disasters why not ? because they are part of satans system of things ,helping them is paramount to helping" Satan the God of this system of things who is blinding the mind of unbelievers."

However they have no qualms about taking advantage of the monetary assistance that Satans world Govts. gives to them in tax incentives for religions , dole money for unemployed ,medical benefits ,.even provisions given by church groups to afflicted ones in time of need.

Their hypocricy knows no bounds.

• stillin
    stillin

The show must go on.An elderly sister had a stroke during a meeting. An ambulance was called, he paramedics came into the auditorium and gathered her up and not a word was missed of the talks. The this sister was one of those solid gold long-timers, with good people values. It just seemed so disrespectful!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The bad weather is part of the curse placed on the earth. This curse is right there in the LIE-ble, spread throughout the whole of that damnation book (and the Torah, which is the first five books of that damnation book, has much of this in it). Droughts and floods are part of this, as is all the misery we now have that is leading us all into global enslavement enforced with microchips. (Coming to America by the end of 2017, through that sickness care act that they are not going to succeed in repealing before this is imposed.)

As for field circus, they don't give a f***. I have been out in field circus while it was snowing hard enough to make it dangerous, and parking is difficult. They hog parking spaces when the road is already narrow from snow. They don't care about wind storms, either--you could be in 160 km/h winds along the Northwest coast, during a major storm, and field circus goes on. Rain, floods--they are not going to let such a little thing as dangerous driving, excessive tiredness, lousy visibility, or washed out roads and bridges stop them from getting that message out there. After all, they can't give joke-hova a spiritual energy blackout for such minor things like that. Nor can they let such minor problems as a major windstorm throttle joke-hova's bandwidth in its energy it is sucking from the territory to enslave the whole world and enforce those LIE-ble curses.

And neither does sickness matter. You are sick, you take your medicine and go out anyways instead of resting (and no, cold pills do not make you less contagious). You have an emergency, you go out anyways. Work? Go in tired, or not at all, but don't throttle that field circus for any reason. You can always get fired from work or quit, live a miserable life, and keep going in field circus no matter what, but just don't throttle that almighty flow of energy joke-hova needs to enslave us all and impose those Torah curses.

• Mikh
    Mikh

Crazy. Don't they stop and consider that people might not be receptive to their message when they are losing their home to a flood (or even less receptive), and don't they realize that they could be putting themselves in harm's way?

Not a flood by any means, but i saw two JW's manning a stand by a bus stop while it was raining on Saturday.

Like baseball games, FS should be postponed for bad weather. XD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit