Kingdom-Shop Hall

by scruffmcbuff 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• scruffmcbuff
    scruffmcbuff

I was driving through the high street in Highbrooms, Royal Tunbridge Wells, UK yesterday.

In amongst the shop fronts was something ive never seen before. A large shop front with big glass windows,Posters in the windows saying "Start your free bible study today" (or something along those lines.

Where the shop name would be there was a large JW.ORG logo and a blue banner. Through the window was two arm chairs and a small table. It looked much like the waiting room for an accountants office.

It literally was a shop front. The most bizare hall ive ever seen. Does anyone here know this hall? Is it even a KH?

• BORG OFF
    BORG OFF

Hi, yes it is a Kingdom Hall have been there many times, it has just had a re-Ferb which is only completed a month ago so this is the new look kingdom! Are you local to the area?

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

During refurb -

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.1571249,0.2599078,3a,75y,277.52h,91.33t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1skyNWzxqti--IzsSnM_RkSQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

The Lochgilphead Kingdom Hall which was situated in nearby Ardrishaig, was also formerly a shop.

When the "consolidation of KH's" kicked off, the sheeple were kicked out - and now have an arduous journey in winter-time to reach Oban. Love eh? Never fails!

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Christian science reading room gone bad? Oldtimers tend to disbelieve these things even when they see it.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I've seen small evangelical churches set up in strip malls, so this isn't too surprising.

BTW, most new KHs remind me of legalized-cannabis dispensaries.

• scruffmcbuff
    scruffmcbuff

Its prime real estate with limited adaption costs for the new buyer!

@borg off yes im a local lad!

• contramundum
    contramundum

Borg off and scruffmcbuff : I have sent a PM

CM

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

They're apparently going full Scientology Center now. lol. Craziness!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I imagine they think they're innovative and special. Their arrogance and piety are a thing to mock.

• Half banana
    Half banana

And of course the Bible study they are offering is entirely non-sectarian and objective....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit