Why did Jesus not use God’s name Jehovah?

by venus 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Venus, there are some similarities to the god Horus but so to to other sun gods. I believe the Jesus deity was more modeled after Serapis. Serapis was a Greek Egyptian hybrid god with the attributes of several Egyptian and Greek gods .

Jesus is this god and all his attributes with other gods attributes added over time. Jesus was to be the one god all peoples in the Roman Empire could worship without giving up their pagon god so to speak.

• venus
    venus

Crazyguy,

Yes, there seems to be a mixing of accounts from Serapis Christus, Osiris, Dionysus, Adonis, Attis, Mithras … etc.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

There is a basic question here that begs attention. For anyone who takes Jesus's words seriously.

Why didn't Jesus record his words in his own writing. He is the Second most powerful God in this universe(Or Almighty for Christian sects) but he fails to make an undeniable evidence, about his presence

Any important official who visits another country, makes some sort of personal signature in any documents during that visit, which will be preserved by the host country. Nothing for Jesus, of that sort, who came on an all important mission to save mankind

Somebody records what he supposedly said, many years later. Doesn't sound fishy here ?

Sorry for not answering the intended question here, as it comes next only to what I had mentioned above.

• venus
    venus

everapostate,

You are right. Why did such a great person who supposedly brought a division of history into BC and AD not leave something historical? Not an easy question to answer. Being a superhuman who came from heaven--why did he not leave a piece of his carpentry skill which would stand unique?

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

We don't know whether Jesus used it or not. Just because it is not recorded as him using it in the Bible does not mean he didn't. The Bible does not record many things he say and the Bible records him as saying things he didn't. (Father, son and Holy spirit)

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Pretty sure he didn't.

He was Jewish, after all.

As I understand it, Jews don't do that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit