Jehovah's Witness BURNOUT

by Ray6 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Ray6
    Ray6

I see something going on. It is a continuous circle of meetings, field service, assemblies, studying and no real enjoyment of life. The teenagers don't want to be at the boring meetings and assemblies and preaching in the hot sun. The brothers are tired of saying the same thing on the platform and sisters are burned out trying to work, take care of home and kids and spiritual matters and being a perfect stepfordwife. Stop the MADNESS!

• Dansk
    Dansk

LEAVE!

• Spudinator
    Spudinator

You are right. There is no way to win in Watchtowerland. Whatever you accomplish, "couldn't you always do more?"

• integ
    integ

Ray6,

I know what you mean. People are getting tired of it all. Everyone..(well.... not EVERYONE). is waiting for some of the hardcore folks to give it up so they can get out without feeling guilty or being shunned. 50 percent are only in in body. It's sad when you see some of the hardliners who have truly trusted in the Org. all their lives, have their hopes dashed for the new system. Imagine the terrible, sick, feeling they get when they realize it's not REALLY the "truth". It really breaks my heart when I see this in their eyes. Their whole life wasted. Outwardly going through the motions, but deep inside knowing they have been duped. It's tragic.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Dear Ray, I just read your posts history, the few you've made over that last couple years. It's clear your heart is not in it. Chances are good it will become increasingly uncomfortable as you remain untrue to your heart. It's simply the nature of things. Could it really be worse being out? JamesT

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Being true to yourself, "your heart", will be well worth the pain you experience in leaving your "comfort zone". Change is never easy, but change is necessary, if we are to be who we are meant to be, to grow, to choose for ourselves.

There are many things in life that are not easy. This will be one of those things. Get some good foundations for emotional support going for you and you will be okay. This is a wonderful place for that. Best wishes to you.

• Maverick
    Maverick

After being out for the last five months I could never see myself putting up with any of that crap ever again! And I can't believe I let myself be pushed around by those androgynous, whimpy, limp dicks called Elders! They can kiss my Dopah! (Polish) Maverick

• Freedomrules
    Freedomrules

I'm new and having a hard time figuring out how to post. I know how you feel though. I went through that when I was 18. It is so much better to be out. In the words of Polonius, from Hamlet: This above else, to thine own self be true. As soon as I stopped doing everything I felt like the weight of the world was lifted from me. I was no longer a hypocrite. It felt great. Freedomrules.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit