Do you think its unfair to pull the rug from

by Brummie 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Brummie
    Brummie

under a Jehovahs witness and tell them the truth about the WTS? Or should we leave them to it?

On a personal note, I'm glad I got the rug pulled, I came down with a good ole bump but it sure was worth the injury. I can kind of relate to the frog that is trapped in a piece of coal and survives for a while in there, it may come as a shock but give the coal a good slam and get me out. What say yea? Leave em or disrupt them?

Brummie

• mouthy
    mouthy

For me personally- I found it VERY Hard to hear all the things I did hear.I only learned them bit,by bit, If I had heard it all at once( the rug pulled out from beneath my beliefs) I dont know how I would have handled it. I wanted to kill myself when I heard that they had dealings with the spirits.( Johannes Greber)So I feel now maybe it would be best to leave them just with love- When I spoke at the school a couple of weeks ago.The JW in the class just shrunk in his seat- it was quite obvious he was REALLY disturbed by what I was saying....I felt wicked doing it. Then when I read the bit below
    Watchtower Aug 1st 1981 "Your attitude to the wheatlike annointed "brothers"
    of Christ will be THE determining factor as to weather you go into everlasting cutting off OR receive Everlasting life ( Matt 25:34-46)
    Watchtower July 15th 1991" Who are these men who rule the Watchtower,these annointed Christians?Annointed Christians are Ambassadors SUBSTITUTING FOR CHRIST....
    Deliverance ,page 202,1926 WTBe,TS "ANTICHRIST means that which is offered as a substitute for Christ, The Messiah,Therefore in opposition to the Messiah"

So In MY understanding of those quotes> methinks they just admitted to being the AntiChrist...

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

It depends on the individual's circumstance. I would not consider it unfair in any scenario. The question is, is it the best thing for that person?

Some people are balanced enough that they are capable of deductive reasoning, open-minded, and willing to listen. Anyone who ever left the JW's that found something wrong with doctrines or practices had to be honest enough with themselves to admit that there was a problem. People who are more independent (and why do you think WT forbids independent thinking?) eventually find their way out. If a person is able to make a clean break successfully without repercussions which will affect them for a lifetime (unless they are willing to accept those parameters) definitely should be informed so as to have the choice.

However you also have people whom I call willfully naive, and of the herd-mentality. They do not think for themselves, and instead prefer to be told what to do. To quote an old catchphrase, ignorance is bliss.

You must also take into consideration age and family circumstances. Would it really be best for an 80 year old man with children (and grandchildren even, all JW's) to be awakened to the reality of the WT cult an be inspired to leave when he has no friends or association outside of Jehovah's Witnesses and would also lose his family?

You have to consider the individual, then you can determine if it is "fair" or "unfair" to expose them to the truth about the Jehovah's Witness religion.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Would it really be best for an 80 year old man with children (and grandchildren even, all JW's) to be awakened to the reality of the WT cult an be inspired to leave when he has no friends or association outside of Jehovah's Witnesses and would also lose his family?

ha, now that is a dilemma I hadnt thought of, in saying that I have a friend who is in his 70's who spent over 60 yrs inside the WTS. He has left and is having a bad time but he felt glad to have been informed, he would rather stand for what is right for the rest of his life instead of continuing in deceit "6 months of knowing the truth is better than 60 yrs of blindness" was his reasoning. However thats him, I may have chosen to stay under the same circumstances and can totally understand if he chose to stay..

Good reasoning thanks

Mouthy, very interesting, sounds like you hit that guy where it hurts, maybe we will see him hear one day!

Brummie

• Englishman
    Englishman

Hey Brummie,

Just drove into your village to do a repair job for the vicar! He lives on the left in a a bradstone semi.

Englishman.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Hey Englisman, you mean Lympsham? I left Lympsham I now live in Puriton. If you are ever going to be in Puriton let me know in advance and pop in for a coffee.

Brummie

• Englishman
    Englishman

I know Puriton!

Just of the M5 Bridgwater exit. We often go past their on the way to Clarkes Village.

Englishman.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I don't think it's unfair at all. They are continually trying to pull the rug of reality from under people's feet. I personally enjoy trying to pull the rug of fantasy from under their feet.

• Charmed
    Charmed

Reborn, I think that's really interesting what you say about those who are independent will eventually find their way out. My parents have been telling me that I'm very independent all my life. Even in my high school yearbook on my senior page, they wrote, "You've grown into an independent young woman- Sometimes too independent" I remember thinking, how great that they'd lecture me on independence in my yearbook where everyone could see it. Everyone else's parents put down words of love and pride in their kids, but I get a lecture?

I wish I could pull the rug out from under some JWs, but I'm just not ready for that kind of confrontation. More power to the rest of you though!

• azaria
    azaria

I personally don't think it's right to pull the rug from under anyone. I think it's a very callous thing to do. I think it's much more compassionate to be gentle and go slow. Plus you have to ask yourself, am I doing it for this individual or am I doing it for selfish reasons; because of anger, revenge, just wanting to get something off your chest. In the case of my father (who's 82) I don't think that I could anyway. He's a very stubborn man. As for my mother, (she's 73) sadly, she is a very dependant woman, always has been. I do think it's much easier for some people to allow others to say what they should think and do. My father has been doing it all through their marriage & my mother has never been able to assert herself. (I don't think she has ever really forgiven him for what he has done-but what she doesn't realize, that by not asserting herself she still made choices)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit