Whatever happened to NewChapter?

by Etude 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Etude
    Etude

It's been a while since I've been online here so, forgive me if I seem clueless. I found a doc with a link NewChapter posted several years ago. She was writing about violence and abortion and gave quite a few stats. Does anyone know anything about her? I looked in the membership and could not find her. Thanks.

Etude.

• cofty
    cofty

I can't recall the circumstances but she 'left' a while ago. She still posts on Facebook. Very astute and formidable debater.

• Earnest
    Earnest

Etude : I looked in the membership and could not find her.

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/users/40193/NewChapter

• Etude
    Etude

Thanks cofty. I perceived the same as you. She was a good researcher too.

Etude.

• startingover
    startingover

I befriended her as an ex-JW and our friendship continued on FB after she had issues on here and quit posting. We were friends until Trump came along and her TDS eventually caused us to end our relationship. Her name is Susan Haywood if you want to look her up on FB. That happened with another person I befriended on here and also met at the apostafest in Lake Tahoe. I was good friends with OnTheWayOut but Trump and TDS took us out too. His name is Jerry Miller from Chicago.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

STARTING OVER:

I remember that particular poster’s name from years ago.

You mention you befriended her on FB and then had issues over ‘TDS’ and the friendship with her was over. I had the same thing happen to me with a couple of people I had to unfriend. It’s a pity really.

• startingover
    startingover

LongHairGal, just to make it clear, I did not unfriend them, they unfriended me. It really is a pity as you say.

• startingover
    startingover

Just so I don't get accused of exposing these 2 ex friends, I doubt they would care. But to be fair, if you are an ex-JW and don't have TDS feel free to friend me on FB. My name is Isaac Hull.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

It's interesting to see people go from "politically neutral" to overtly political. It seems to happen in both directions. It can sometimes be hard to just agree to disagree. I guess the repression needs an outlet.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

One side says you have 'Trump Derangement Syndrome' the other says you're in the 'Cult of Trump'.

I can only comment as an outsider, a Brit' (and I don't speak for all Brits). I know next to nothing about American politics and am not qualified to judge Trump in that arena.

Trump the man however. Well I guess your politicians don't have to be likeable to get the job done but by being SO divisive he does seem to be hurting his country.

Just how I see it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit