Reveal- Trey Bundy: New documents about Jehovah’s Witnesses’ sex abuse begin to leak out

by AndersonsInfo 27 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• flipper
    flipper

JOHN DAVIS- Well, you must either be a JW or a WT apologist. Your sense of " reasoning " ( if you can call it that ) is absolutely ridiculous.

Your statement, " I understand that people have a problem with the fact that he was reinstated and allowed to go door to door , but that is HIS RIGHT to practice his religion. " Uh-huh. And if by practicing that " right " he happens to start a Bible Study with a minor child that evolves into a child molestation session your view is " oh well he's practicing HIS form of religion " ? That's idiotic. Don't you understand there should be laws that restrict a known child molester from having close proximity to children ? There already ARE laws which produce information and photos of known registered sex offenders on Megan's law to inform the public of WHO these offenders are ! How on earth would you be able to assert in whatever universe you exist- that it's fine for a random child molester to call on minor children uninvited to their doors ? You're flipping crazy.

Also your quote, " Fourth , is this thought that the authorities were never notified when it is certainly possible for one to surmise that authorities were notified . " O.K. What kind of reasoning is this ? Circular ? And I might state it's entirely possible the other way around ! It's also possible that the authorities were NEVER notified and for one to surmise this is true as well. At least in some of these particular cases.

You live in an alternate universe dude, where your version of " freedom of religion " fosters criminal behavior- actually aiding and abetting child molesters. Wake up and smell reality

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

shocking, and very disappointing....sighs.

• carla
    carla

Flipper, " where your version of " freedom of religion " fosters criminal behavior- actually aiding and abetting child molesters." -

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Leaked abuse documents, huh? I suppose it was only a matter of time.

The Org sure ain't lookin' too good right about now.

Someone should send this stuff to Leah Remini's people for some last-minute editing.

:smirk:

• John Davis
    John Davis

Flipper:

If you feel that there should be laws that keep convicted pedophiles away from all children then you need to not speak on here you need to write your law makers to make laws like that, but you cannot expect people to enforce a nonexistent law. Even now there are people who date and marry known pedophiles and some of these people have children prior to them forming these relationships. And yes there are some professions where convicted child molesters are not allowed to work in even if an employer is willing to hire them, but those types of professions are few. And certainly one of those professions is not being a door to door solicitor, residential installer or other professions that puts a person in the home of someone else even if they are children in the home. If you order cable do you ask the cable company if their installer that they are sending you has ever been accused of child molestation or when you call for a plumber do you do a full criminal background check on the person in order to ensure he hasn’t been arrested for a sex offense.

And yes I agree my thoughts on the fact that the court was made aware of the abuse during the restraining order is just speculation but it is educated on the facts of how to get a restraining order in Massachusetts. To get a permanent restraining order you have to show good cause and if someone wants to show good cause what better information to present to the court than the accusation of child molestation against you by that person.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    flipper - "...You live in an alternate universe dude, where your version of 'freedom of religion' fosters criminal behavior..."

This bit can't be overstated, IMO, and I think it's been one of the bigger roadblocks to getting the kind of religious reforms needed to mitigate problems like this...

...the idea that "church law", under the safety umbrella of religious freedom, should supersede secular law even in cases involving criminal activity, whereas the opposite should be the case.

This shift is, happily, in the process of taking place more and more in secular societies, but some people - like our "John Davis", for example - still haven't seemed to have gotten their head around the idea yet (on purpose or otherwise).

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Perhaps a good question to ask them would be...

..."Do you think* 'church law'/'freedom of religion' should supersede secular law in cases involving criminal activity, particularly criminal activity of a sexual nature?"...

...and watch their reactions.

For religious loyalists and supremacists, I suspect it would be a very uncomfortable question to face, because if they say "yes", they are - for all intents and purposes - condoning the potential cover-up of sex abuse, but if they say "no", they are essentially admitting that their religion's policies may be wrong.

*(BTW, the non-answer "it doesn't matter what I think" is a spineless cop-out. For anyone thinking of using it, grow a fucking pair.)

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    John Davis: you need to write your law makers to make laws like that.

This is the typical JW apologist's reasoning: If its not illegal, its ok. Well, no. You would expect's the True religion's moral and standard to be above the laws created and maintained by "worldly people".

JWs delegate their moral judgement to the Governing Body and the Governing Body delegates a good chunk of their moral judgement to Law makers.

Absolutely ridiculous.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    John Davis - And yes I agree my thoughts on the fact that the court was made aware of the abuse during the restraining order is just speculation but it is educated on the facts of how to get a restraining order in Massachusetts.

The guy was known to be violent. So, restraining order could have been based on that. Also, did the two daughters and third victim tell the authorities? Cause if only one of these girls reported sexual abuse to the police, they might not have been able to gather enough evidence to obtain a conviction; evidence that was in the hands of the WT.

The baseline problem here is that WT does not collaborate with the cops.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Stephane - "...The baseline problem here is that WT does not collaborate with the cops."

Ironic really, since calling the cops would probably be the first thing they did if they saw someone vandalizing one of their precious KHs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit