Cart Witnessing Today In Liverpool [See Pic]

by pale.emperor 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Remember the JW command only a few years ago "fully accomplish your ministry"? Looks like these young JW's didnt get the memo.

Whats interesting is, just a few meters away were some street preachers handing out flyers and shouting about Jesus. I cant stand them either but at least you couldnt say they were skiving on the job.

Bet they're still counting this as time as well.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Castle Street?

But what about the WALL that fell down??!

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/collapsed-lime-street-wall-could-12672386

I mean, aren't the trolley's normally outside Lime Street Station?

• kpop
    kpop

This is very common. I know because I drive past the carts on the way to my clients and see them sitting down or just looking so disengaged and low energy. I love it. Carts are the best thing to happen to the JW cult.

• sir82
    sir82

To be fair, that 1st photo looks like they are on a break, or maybe haven't "set up shop" yet.. The carts have their plastic covers on, no literature is being displayed.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

To be fair, that 1st photo looks like they are on a break, or maybe haven't "set up shop" yet.. The carts have their plastic covers on, no literature is being displayed.

I see your point - but remember, these folks are supposed to have a "lifesaving message to share".

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

pale.emperor.

Those are packed up carts, not yet ready for display. Lets be fair and not start teasing and making fun of those sitting on the bench beside it. We dont even know if all of those are JW's or only the one guy sitting besides it.

I know about the sentiments we have about their cart work, but i'm particularly talking about the picture you posted and the young people sitting there.

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

Might just drive down town and have a look, at the collapsed wall, more interesting than the carts, which I find annoying, like sore that will not stop itching

Re the wall, local station here now terminus for all lime st traffic, roads are bedlam as people looking for non existent parking as they try to collect people.

And Mayor says we can host 2020 games? Well we can't host the train traffic so not much hope, No money for social care so what will fund millions needed for games? Btw. Missing it h of Bluedeacon1914 already!

• sir82
    sir82

these folks are supposed to have a "lifesaving message to share".

Agreed that cart witnessing is an utter waste of time, and if the work were truly viewed as "urgent" they would go about it in other ways.

But it seems rather unfair to criticize the ones in this photo for being "lazy" when, from all appearances, they aren't actively engaged in cart witnessing at that moment.

No JW is "on duty" at a cart 24 hours a day. There is some time & effort involved in taking the cart from storage to its final destination.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

They were probably due to be setting up at Lime Street Railway Station? - as per my picture.

But now with no trains due to the collapsed wall - as per my link - there probably won't be the same footfall

So they're probably waiting for instructions for where to go and set up instead

They're about a 10 minute walk from Lime Street Station, right??

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The family members that have done this tell me it is a great way to "knock up hours" by doing nothing. Yes, they do sit down.. I have seen them with an unofficial mug of coffee in the winter. They spend the time chatting among themselves and that is it.

I came by when mine were doing it. I feigned interest in a loud voice (joke) but no passers- by stopped to see what it was about. The elder came up and packed the cart since their time slot was up and we all retired to an adjacent pub.....Can't be bad eh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit