Oscar Nominations for 2020

by LoveUniHateExams 13 Replies latest social entertainment

• Simon
    Simon

I have the Lighthouse, haven't watched it yet. If it's an "Oscar" type film, that's usually a clue that it might be a pile of utter shite (artsy BS).

The Oscars are wearisome aren't they? At least the Golden Globes has Ricky Gervais to tell them they are hypocritical pointless cunts, but the Oscars let them go full-bore self-importance speeches.

I think the days of Hollywood celebrities basking in glory and respect are over to be honest.

Until they make a movie about Winestain and how they were all complicit in using sex to screw other people over instead of allowing those with real talent to succeed, they are all hypocritical lying useless excuses of human beings.

• Holden Caufield
    Holden Caufield

I want to see 1917.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I have the Lighthouse, haven't watched it yet. If it's an "Oscar" type film, that's usually a clue that it might be a pile of utter shite (artsy BS).

I think that just about sums up my opinion of "lightHouse "

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I have the Lighthouse, haven't watched it yet. If it's an "Oscar" type film, that's usually a clue that it might be a pile of utter shite (artsy BS) - I know it's not a mainstream Hollywood film.

It could be an artsy pile of sh1te, or it could be really good.

I've watched several non-spoiler reviews. Most have liked it, praising the acting and cinematography. But, yeah, a few have called it a load of artsy crap.

My interest in the film is at least partly because I loved his previous film (The Witch) - that was a really good low-budget film, kinda artsy but in a good way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit