School bus driver accused of telling boy he would go to hell because of moms.

by ToesUp 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Something about this story is suspect. If the bus driver is a JW, she doesn't really know what her religion teaches, or more likely she's someone's Bible Study, as JWs don't believe in Hell, nor do they believe everyone goes to Heaven. A fanatical JW would have told the boy that he'd be destroyed in the Great Tribulation and wouldn't make it into the New World. But the way the news clip describes the encounter, I doubt the bus driver is a JW.

Also it's possible that the boy or the mother is embellishing their story.

While I don't approve of the JW religion or the way they treat persons whose lifestyle they don't approve of, reporters who fail to get their facts straight lose credibility, causing their story to be suspect.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

The media could have misinterpreted the statement from Armageddon, or something similar, to 'hell' which the public is more familiar with.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

That is a possibility Village Idiot. But it's not accurate reporting. Moreover, it makes me wonder what else have they misinterpreted about the incident.

• blondie
    blondie

Tech49, but it is not like a personal business card representing the person as a agent for the WTS like in the long distant past.

I remember a news item in my area about a "jw" and it turned out to be a self-acclaimed one who had studied years ago, but never baptized, and attended few meetings.

Oh well, the legal authorities should get the bottom at least in regard to her keeping her job.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Cool - thanks for cross-posting from the mega thread

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

The Orlando Sentinel is saying that the School Bus Driver will not face any disciplinary action.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Since J w's do not believe in hell, or going to heaven, I cannot believe this story . We need not be gullible to everything we hear....

• raven
    raven

I think this story has a lot of miscontext about it.. What JW says that someones going to "hell" when they don't even believe in such a place? I'm sure the bus driver may have said something, but not to the effect of what this boy claims was said.. Something not right about this one..

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

People, JW´s are 0.1% of the world population. Outside of JW´s and exJW´s and maybe a few other people, no one, no one, gives a flying f$ck about JW´s and their theology. People hear "you will die at armageddon" and they understand "you will burn in hell". People hear "you won´t be able to enter paradise" and they understand "you won´t enter heaven".

Not too difficult to see that happening. We´ve seen it over and over again how 99% of all media reports on JW´s have one or more inaccuracies like that.

But almost no one cares, nor would I expect them to!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit