What are Jehovah's Witnesses' stance on home ownership?

by timothytha 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

I was told that since I'm a"Brother" (even though I have faded) and have a large real estate portfolio. I should rent my properties to my fellow brothers in the "Truth". What at a Theocratic Discount Rate!?! I don't think so. I have rented to Jw's and have some bad experiences with the whole thing. Some good, some bad. But the worst is when they want cheap rent don't pay, expect alot.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

As a large corporation body with substantial land and “ real estate “ they can hardly preach against home ownership. The majority of dubs I know in this area have mortgaged homes they own.

Come to think of it , I know of several young pioneer couples who set out years ago to live simply in a bedsit or caravan until Armageddon. Then a baby came along, they stopped pioneering got a house... their subsistence window cleaning became a successful cleaning company, and now they do nicely......ce’st la vie......

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I think it depends greatly on where you are located.The first couple of congs. I attended in Melbourne were very conservative and cold ,however most people worked for a living.

The Presiding Overseer as he was then known worked for a Life Insurance Co. as a salesmen and his brother was an Assistant to him, 2IC and he also worked for the same Co. as a sales rep.

When we moved to S.E.Qld. a lot of the brothers were either self employed in the building industry or in other cases working full time ,and was a very relaxed cong, and very social .

My wife and I were very much in the "in" crowd socializing with the Elders and MS as I was one.

Restaurants ,eating and drinking was a big part of our socializing after meetings and conventions.

Camping get-together`s and having meals at each others place on a rotating weekly basis we had a great social life.

Completely different from our Melbourne experience.

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

This post makes me angry. I brought a small 3 bedroom townhouse in ,,2017. Since then my property value has doubled and renting. I can't afford to rent.. I could never afford over 3000 a month for 3 bedrooms. But since own it.. I pay less then half. So a big finger to the WT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit