G.B of JW`s trusting in Jehovah ? or Trusting in Men When It Comes To A Crunch !

by smiddy3 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

If I were a crooked maligning religious charlatan, I would stand on a street right now with the world is going to end soon on the front cover of some literature in a stand .

Realistically the JWS are just obeying secular laws in not congregating as they supposedly are avowed to.

Jehovah looks after his earthly organization because he created the inter-net so brothers and sisters can preach and give meetings keeping the organization spiritually strong.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SMIDDY3:

I guess the JW religion didn’t figure on a worldwide pandemic. Nobody did actually.

They have no choice but to comply with the secular authorities. If they did not, could you imagine the shitstorm that would come down on them??..They’d be accused of being harmful to the world around them and possibly spreading whatever....

In their defense, they would refute your claim and say that they are using technology (Zoom) to the best of their ability for their ministry under the circumstances.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    LongHairGal - "They have no choice but to comply with the secular authorities. If they did not, could you imagine the shitstorm that would come down on them??..They’d be accused of being harmful to the world around them and possibly spreading whatever..."

Agreed.

Ten bucks says that since they won't/can't budge on the pedo problem and the Rising Tide of related lawsuits, their lawyers have advised them that their tax exemption is in too precarious a position for them to risk jabbing "Satan's World" in the eye on this particular issue.

Which, once again, begs the real question...

...just how dependent on its tax-exemption IS the Org?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

If they really were " God's Spirit directed Organisation " surely Jehoober would have done as they claimed he does, and prepared them for this ?

They had that thing about " Go bags" some time ago, no bloody use in this situation, unless there is a bit of Hand Sanitizer in there, but again, when this thing struck, the G.B were way behind, and only came out with Instructions that mirrored what the Government etc were saying. Reactive instead of Proactive as usual.

" Spirit Directed" ? $$$ directed more like.

• WhatshallIcallmyself
    WhatshallIcallmyself

I think they would likely get hurt, when some locals take exception to them knocking on doors, potentially spreading the virus to all and sundry...

• wozza
    wozza

I they were really Christs disciples they would find PUBLIC ways to preach ,for example, preaching alone with a cart on the streets.

I mean if the end is so near and lives are at stake why should a government stop them ,after all they believe god's laws are superior.

As to if they get sick by doing this life saving work ,well they would join the first century christians who died martyrs who were nowhere near the time of the end. You know, the ones that died in their thousands back then, and now the governing body says they may not be part of the 144,000 because it does'nt fit their current embarrassing teachings!

• Listener
    Listener

I would imagine most Governments around the World are allowing essential services to continue and many people are doing these jobs.

Doesnt the GB say that their work is the most important and their house to house work is life saving, essential work? I wonder if the GB is doing anything to bring this to the attention of Governments?

Watchtower 79 7/15

"Being aware of the support of the myriads of heavenly angels, may we never let up in searching out worthy persons by zealous house-to-housepreaching."

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Being aware of the support of the myriads of heavenly angels, may we never let up in searching out worthy persons by zealous house-to-housepreaching."

I wonder what the Myriads of heavenly Angels are doing now that Satans system of things has shut down the D2D preaching activity worldwide .

Satan 1

Jehovah 0

Angels WTF ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit