For heaven's sake , Jan 1-5 weekly program

by waton 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• waton
    waton

January one. Genesis one wt mental gymnastics.

Gen 1:1 Earth created in the beginning, ? not. 10 billion years after,--circa 4.5 billion years ago, but what is 7 zeros between wt friends ,-- right?

Gen 1:7 created expanse between waters on the surface and "canopy" at heights. "Canopy" (quoting wt here) is a fitting term for a cover over a flat earth. now:

Gen !:8 the expanse is called "heaven"

gen 1:14 : Luminaries creates in the expanse called heavens (under the high waters)

Gen 1:15 Luminaries in the expanse (under the water canopy)

16, 17 : put in the expanse --to shine upon the earth ( they could not shine if they were above that thick water canopy, 10 000 meter thick , as seen by the flood) so:

lets face it, the Genesis account is written by "flat earthers", putting the :water canopy above the stars , even farther away than galaxies like Andromeda which we can see with the naked eye. (requiring the flood waters to come down at faster than the speed of light.?--not)

A creator would never have inspired , seconded such an account seeing it would serve to vindicate "him" or his editing, proofreading in this crucial scientific age. ditto

His "son", who was supposed to have been instrumental in all this heavy lifting of luminaries 13 billion years ago . and then endorsing the tale in his "sermons" around 32 CE.

Together with the talking snake , it is all fake. ( the best they could come up with at the time. though. )

and that is only the start.---

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The whole bible is designed to put us all into a condition to be enslaved. Removing spiritual and scientific knowledge is required to fully enslave the human species, and the bible does a good job at doing that. And, anything that contradicts this book of lies is bashed, protecting the lies that are going to have us all enslaved under full Noahide Law.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Human ignorance by our ancient ancestors is an indefensible fact.

This includes the ancient Hebrews who originated from the ancient Canaanite civilization.

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

Now if somewhere in the bible god had said something like, e=mc2, then you would have some proof of a god.

Genesis is like a low budget bad bad movie with 100 plot holes, a contradictory storyline, continuity issues, and a week story where you can't suspend belief.

And I bought it look line and sinker for most of my life :(

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

I remember back in time my first biblical interpretation was that Genesis 1 was poetry and dels with the Almightys subjection of chaos and the bringing of order. The earth is a tool or co creator. Calvin in his 16th century Genesis commentary says it is not scientific but phenomenologic and speaking to all men. After all this was how they saw it back then. if there were no waters above, how could it rain 🤭. This is only one of several creation accounts in the Bible. This gets more attention being on page 1. Later in the Bible we have some interesting uses of creation language. In Jeremiah 4 etc creation language is used relating to the judgment of Israel and some say Genesis 1 is really about creation of old covenant.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

We also got Leviathan in Isaiah 27:1 and Rahab in Psalm 89:10 etc. Chaos monsters subjected in Genesis 1:3 onward and also nations in prophecy that Israel needed deliverance from. So no, science essentialy a 17th century invention, is not the topic of the Scriptures.

• waton
    waton
    Now if somewhere in the bible god had said something like, e=mc2

Iwon. Isaiah 40:26 comes close, equating energy with stars, their mass, their movement.

22 could be construed to refer to the expansion of the universe

31 predict soaring, human heavier than air flight.

But these are lucky close calls, as is James 1.:17 but

This genesis 1 account is a total botch, amazing how wt mental gymnastics hide that fact from the jws

that is the naked truth, from the greek "gym nos " naked.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

And why has Christianity and belief in the Bible lasted so long ? Because its been in the interests of Governments and Religion as a means of controlling the population and manipulating them for their own advantage .

And this is true of governments that tolerate all forms of major Religions in their Countries. Its all about control ,control of the masses .

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

WANTO - I disagree with you on those, and I am someone who used Isaiah the way you are describing in many talks.

It's all just poetic flowery language, the context is not about anything other than god being powerful and you should trust in him.

When I used those scriptures I knew I was using them to further MY point, not that it was there to shed light on the nature of the universe. Simply if god wanted to do that, it would have been in Genesis 1.

It's EASY to make just about anything say what you it to retroactively.

This is why the bible is such bullshit. You can make any argument you want with it, even Dinosaurs in Eden.

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

I always thought it strange that the creation epic was divided into 7 parts. Even in JW literature they say god left out the creation day of the microbe world and a number of other epics I forgot they mentioned.

The gospel of John writer does the same thing. He mentions only 7 miracles of Jesus but per the synoptic gospel writers there were many more than that.

Why only mention certain 7 details and not all of them? It sounds cryptic and confusing. One big problem with the creation account is that the sun was created after plant was already started. Maybe the first plant life was all mushrooms because they don't need sunlight.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit