So my best friend was reinstated last night

by LexIsFree 5 Replies latest jw friends

• LexIsFree
    LexIsFree
    So my brother-in-law, who is also my best friend, was reinstated last night. I had an idea that he was trying to make his way back to the cult because I had been texting and calling him for about 3 months now and no answer from him. When he text me this morning to tell me the news I wasn't shocked, but I was saddened. I'm angry. I'm depressed. I feel hopeless honestly. We will never win this battle against the Watchtower. To me it's similar to the war against terrorism. You cannot defeat thoughts. You cannot defeat an ideology. We will never be able to convince our friends and family that they are brainwashed and that religion is a control system because it's what they believe with their whole heart and soul. I've lost another family member to the org. I've lost my brother who I love dearly. I guess the only thing to keep doing is to keep living. Ignore the org. Ignore my family like they have been ignoring me for the last 2 years. Ignore my "friends" talking about me. Calling me an evil apostate. Ignore the pain of not having the people I grew up with. Hell. They do it. Why shouldn't I?
  • Divergent
    Divergent
    Wait... he texted you, so he is not shunning you, is he? Or was that a 'goodbye, please return to Jehovah' text? Did he tell you his reasons for going back? Are they genuine as in he still believes it's "the truth" or do other reasons apply (family, friends, putting an end to shunning etc.?) I'm sure you must have shared TTATT with him previously... what was his reaction to that? Sorry to bombard you with questions, but your post was vague
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

We will never win this battle against the Watchtower.

The WTS will crumble on its own as people realize it was built upon fraudulent commercialization

inherently driven by the proliferation of its own literature.

That's why we are here more or less to expose the ignorance and corruption of this organization.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

What goes around eventually comes around. Sometimes it takes some time. It's all in peoples perception. If they want to believe they will and visa versa. Even if the WT gets revealed, people will still believe, if they decide to do so.

It hurts when the ones we love shun us. We are human after all.

Who says this cult disguised as a religion doesn't destroy families and relationships?

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    i wonder what the percentage is of those d/f ones who have realised they can get reinstated to please family then slowly--quietly fade away so they can lead a normal " worldly " life ?
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp
    We have a member in our family that was reinstated and now doesn't attend. She came back just for family. If I told you her story , it would reveal too much. What they did to this girl is unbelievable. Gee, no wonder she doesn't want to go back to the KH.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit