Former Elders Please - Disbeliever recently married to a JW

by doasthouwilt 35 Replies latest jw friends

• doasthouwilt
    doasthouwilt

stan livedeath - so, you're suggesting if she just let it be known to congregates she encounters that she "Fell in love with and married her best friend of decades, but he's not a believer" that it won't cause a proper inquest (I'm sure it would be a cause for 'council', no matter) as it doesn't break any laws, and are you saying that elders won't or even CAN'T press her for details once our marriage is out in the open?

I know she can confess of her own accord, but if there's no need for a confession in the case of marrying an unbeliever, yes, she'd be FAR BEST to leave it at that - not a confession but simply a fact.

I do wonder how that would play-out.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

one thing i WOULD definitely do--if it does ever end up in a committee enquiry---is INSIST you accompany her. You are the head of the household--even if your not a JW.

• doasthouwilt
    doasthouwilt

What's the advantage of going along? How can I interact in that case in any way that will make a positive difference or put an end to the situation?

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

well--they cant disfellowship YOU--can they. So YOU do the answers.

But--dont worry--they wont go ahead with it if youre there. You would be the wrong kind of witness!

Are you in Croatia by any chance ?

• doasthouwilt
    doasthouwilt

Nope, not in Croatia, I live in the US, though it has come up as a potential vacation. We have some good friends who have traveled a great deal and it's their favorite spot. It's in the running for our honeymoon as well . . . Iceland, Monaco or Croatia. we only took a couple days nearby after getting married - waiting for fairer weather to do go someplace further and for far longer.

• Biahi
    Biahi

I was in Monaco right before the pandemic hit, I LOVED it. Beautiful country.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit