Fear of Dying

by SplaneThisToMe 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

What is death, but everlasting peace?. In life, I am what I am within my body, why therefore, should death be any different?. When this fragile carcass decays, so will I with it.

My thoughts , feelings, hopes, regrets and loves will cease. I know nothing of life before I was born, why should I know anything of life after I die? Yes, I fear dying. I fear the pain of dying...but equally, it's seeming inevitability is something I have to 'live with'. To live forever as we were originally taught, but not shown, seems just a deceptive carrot..a ploy to exercise control by exploiting the natural fear of death and the equally understandable desire to keep alive.

All we can and should try and do, is to leave the world a better place than we found it.. to hope that others speak well of our stay here, and that our offspring live long and healthy lives.

As for JWs, there are many in JW world who are bitter and disillusioned at facing their own deaths ..alone, having lost husbands, wives , and children before them..

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SPLANE:

Not really...When I started my ‘fade’ from the JW religion in 2001, I made peace with the idea of death and rid my mind of the paradise earth fantasy. I felt it was an unhealthy trick to play on my mind.

Strangely enough, I had no problem and I suppose I never entirely ‘bought’ the religion’s teaching of everlasting life. I was raised Catholic and took what the JWs said with a grain of salt...I think none of us knows what is going to happen but I don’t need lies or fantasy to keep me going. I just appreciate each day and do the best I can.

• zeb
    zeb

I nearly died once (heart). I felt some thing was not right got down onto the ground indicated to man nearby and he called the ambulance. Now, I had a sense of drifting fwd and all cares and woes were gone behind me I was no longer a man, a husband, a dad and the voices of the ambulance crew were as many metres away,

the sense of peace I had was better than morphine.

I heard one of them say "we are losing him" and with oxygen and their skills they brought me back and I recall being angry that they had. Fear? there was none.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

No, not really. I was never confident of my being "good enough" to think I would make it through Armageddon. I never really had much of a fear of dying, since I had no fear of hellfire. Once I realized it was all just a bunch of nonsense I totally lost all fear of dying at armageddon.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I can`t say I have ever had a fear of dying after leaving the JW`s. So far as I know (no memory) I never had an existence before I was born ( and cant even remember the first 4-5 years) of my life so if I die before the big A and dont get a resurrection I wont know anything anyway

Oblivion before I was born Oblivion after I die .

• venus
    venus

I have no fear of death because it only appears there is death. In reality there is no death. No friendship is without a self interest. No ism is without a self interest. Hence why not try ourselves for a conclusion on vital subject as life. Let us make a try:

I know I exist, I also know that I did not create myself nor did my parents create me. I came through my parents who, in turn came through their parents—a process that can have no beginning. If one has only one life, justice demands that everyone should receive equal life-span and equal opportunities for enjoyment of life. If life continues even after death, as in the case of Elijah who reappeared as John the Baptist (Mathew 11:14), everyone’s life situation can be different depending upon each one’s merit: “For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.” (Luke 6:38) Death is very much like the sunset. When the sun sets here, it has already risen elsewhere. Likewise, death here is birth elsewhere. For life is eternal. In reality, there is no death. The human actually lives one continuous life, only it is broken up in segments here on this earth. This truth does don’t find favor among many people because it is not encouraging to powerful forces like religions (which thrive on the teaching of forgiveness whereas reincarnation teach there is no forgiveness), nationalism and patriotism (because such feeling evaporates when we know that we have lived in many other countries before), and family set-up (feeling of my-family, my-husband, my-wife, my-father loses its significance when we know that we have been members of many, many families before). The way we walk and breathe show that there is a pause and a start which are typical of death and life. The way cells being replaced show that the body is changing with a substratum that does not change.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I know the feeling, Splaney waney.

I am not afraid of being dead, just the point of death. Will it be painful? Will it be scary? How will it be?

Leaving all this behind with no way to see what happens in the future is a crappy feeling.

However, I have no option but to accept it. The idea of surviving after death is just wishful thinking with zero evidence.

I live from day to day.

• snare&racket
  • mentalclarity
    mentalclarity

I echo LisaRose on this. I was always afraid I wouldn't make it through Armageddon and I really had alot of issues with imagining myself in Paradise (maybe I was of the annointed???hahaha!) I mean the thought of living forever on earth just sounded exhausting to me.

I actually do believe there is something else after my physical existence on this earth ends- what exactly that is, I don't know. But I don't fear it.

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

"I am not afraid of dying, I just don't want to be there when it happens."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit