The Seven Trumpets

by Jehovah lol 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pomo6780
    pomo6780

Diogenesister,

It would be freaky if they accepted the "theocratic" idea of an exjw. "Jehovah works in mysterious ways" 😉

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

How many times did we study that book? Was it 2 or 3 times?

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

We studied it at least 4 times.

• sloppyjoe2
    sloppyjoe2

Four times, because it was absolutely vital that we as JWs understood and could identify the book of revelation being fulfilled. Now current JWs would say aww that book is out of date and shrug it off. I find it amazing how easily they ignore that they spent so many weeks of their lives studying the same book at the book study for it to all be for not. I have yet to hear of a good explanation why Jehovah wanted us to study the same incorrect information three times, then an “updated” version that we had to paste in the old book, only to then say it’s out of date.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Hey Sparky ,how come you only show six Arse-hole trumpet blowers and not seven?

I think that revelation book was the first time I had doubts ,i could not get my head around the scripture in revelation foretold the conventions from 1922 , i think that was the beginning of the end for me though it took many more years till I broke free.

• Miraclesalvectr
    Miraclesalvectr

Also, if I'm not mistaken this teaching is new light.

CTR's 7 books of Studies in the Scriptures was the original interpretation.

• sir82
    sir82

The idea that Christians waited almost two millennia to find out that the great trumpet blasts of Revelation were a set of largely unnoticed gatherings borders on crazy.

Son, that border was crossed about 1000 miles ago.

• freddo
    freddo

Remember getting (real) cut and paste bits to stick in your revelation book?

Whyohwhyohwhyohwhyohwhyohwhyohwhyohwhyohwhyohwhyohwhyohwhyohwhyohwhyohwhyohwhyohwhy...

DIDN'T I WAKE UP THEN? (FACEPALM)

• steve2
    steve2

As a teenager, I recall listening to one of my uber JW uncles as he raved on about the accuracy of Bible prophecy in these endtimes, right down to foretelling the very keynote assembly talks held in the States throughout the 1920s.

Curious, I looked up the "evidence" in Revelation and my faith in JW organization suffered its first deafening thud.

I was struck by two things: My uncle's astonishing gullibility and the organization's brazen audacity at placing itself at the centre of the fulfillment of the trumpet blasts of Revelation.

I stayed active for a few more years and appeared to have revived my faith. However, I kept returning to the chasm that had opened up in response to JW organization's flimsy interpretations of Scripture: There was simply no bridging a hole that big.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Ditto freddo,why oh why DIDN'T I WAKE UP THEN? (FACEPALM)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit