Naked JW;s - the saga continues

by Moster 21 Replies latest jw friends

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Gio: I think they got off lightly.

Probably. However, this part of their sentence could be excruciatingly painful for them:

The family members will also have to attend counselling to teach them critical thinking and reasoning skills.

Whoever is so unlucky as to draw this family as part of their counselling session is going to have quite the job on their hands. Their counselor deserves extra pay.

• Confusedandangry
    Confusedandangry

Applied kinesiology, otherwise known as muscle testing, is a pseudo-scientific alternative medicinal practice where practitioners diagnose and treat their clients based on testing muscles for strength and weaknes

I dont know why the font is so big. Anyway, I know several practitioners of this kind that are uber jws, special pioneers, regular pioneers, etc. They claim they can see what is wrong with you by asking your body "electrically". One of them says she can see what is wrong with people just walking down the street, almost like x-ray vision. They have many clients who swear they are cured or healed from their illnesses. They even 'heal' people who are affected by demons/evil spirits by making them put their hands on trees/branches and repeating a small chant, or sitting on grass. They even did this to ex-missionaries who were serving on a small island where 90% of the population practiced witchcraft! Has anyone else heard of uber Jws doing this? I saw it myself firsthand and found it strange but fascinating that everyone around believed it worked!

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

zeb, hahahahaha, that's great. I can just see them onstage acting that out with cardboard cutout trucks and vans and a paper mache garage door they bust through at the beginning.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Confused and angry - yes.

The quack notions of animal magnetism is deeply rooted in WT lore. For all we know, the Abrams electric box is still in use by the Muppets at the top.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry
    Everybody gets stupid once in a while. We really can't blame the GB for everything.

Sure.

From time to time, all of my neighbours get naked and kidnap others to save their souls.

(Major /s )

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

It's pretty clear these people were already predisposed to this kind of thing, Jehovah's Witnesses dont go nuts like this even though they share the kidnappers' beliefs... but at the same time you can't ignore how their culture helped them along in this insanity. Seeing the police as monsters, having to flee Armageddon right away, chanting Jehovah like a hex... that's Watchtower baby.

• Simon
    Simon

I don't think the motivation should really factor in to sentencing - all that matters is what they actually did. It was a serious crime and they should be punished accordingly but Canada increasingly is allowing people to escape justice and go to "healing lodges" and other such crap, even those guilty of serious crimes (such as child murder).

• steve2
    steve2

I don’t believe the organization is responsible for the delusional behaviour of this weird little coterie of JWs.

It is far, far more likely that these four JWs, either individually or collectively are inclined towards delusional behaviour and the GB’s message found a secure footing in their minds that was twisted to the JWs own ends. It’s the same when deluded people read Scripture telling prophets of old to shout out Jah’s warnings and they take to the streets yelling and screaming warnings about judgement day. Blame Scripture if you will - or in this case, the GB - but the root cause of delusional acting out is in the minds of the deluded ones.

I hope their victims are able to get over this bizarre and terrifying ordeal.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I wonder how much of a bearing the "bunker" videos have on fragile, emotionally unstable people in this organization.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Valid question I'm sure these types of vids are bound to bring the looniest believers out of the wood work and into the public spot light as nutty Corporate JWs drones. Due to a very bad internet persona as a mind control cult pure and simple.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit