Un shunning

by zeb 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Quarterback
    Quarterback
    I think it's just a matter of time when the GB come up with the idea that Rutherford was never a Faithful Slave and end his policies on DF'ing.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I thought DFing started in the 1950s. I know when Moyle left bethel in the 1940s he was shunned, and that set a sort of pattern. But I don't think a formal shunning procedure was set up under Rutherford.

• fukitol
    fukitol

Their total shunning policy is not only unscriptural and anti-family, it is completely anathema to the whole concept of charity.

Any religion that has a policy of shunning ex members, particularly of one's own family, should have its charitable and tax exempt status revoked.

• sir82
    sir82

should it become just a 'conscience issue'.

Not in a million years.

To paraphrase Charlton Heston, "You'll get the shunning policy away from the WTS when you pry it from their cold, dead fingers."

They'll give up, quite literally, everything, before they let go of that. It is their one effective weapon in maintaining control, which is what they value above (literally again) all else.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Yeah I can imagine a lesbian serving on the GB happening before they'll give up DFing.
  • westiebilly11
    westiebilly11
    'join the club knowing the terms of membership'? How does this work with young ones under the age of consent who are ramrailed into baptism? Surely there must be a statutory age limit to baptism etc to protect default baptism. The young ones who are baptised too young face tremendous hardship if, at a later time, they exercise free will/choice to leave, but are hampered by the cruelty of shunning by one time loving family members. Such shunning is an infringement of children's rights, and tanatamount to emotional abuse.
  • poopie
    poopie
    Ugh instresting comments I'm leaning toward them getting rid if it. One indicator maybe the boe letter for memorial elders can hand brochure to df ones and speak briefly to them that's shareING spritual things that would normally be grounds for disfelowshipping the elder.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit