Dramas

by In_between_days 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

I remember feeling like a regular movie star after being one of the main characters in a drama one year. I was terribly disappointed that I never got to dress up in a bible character costume as it was a modern day drama....but Oh the fame and the glory LOL.

That same year I started using the internet, so rather then use my REAL name, I changed my user name to my drama character - I still go by Rebecca but I dropped the Jones.

The best drama was when Lot's wife turned into a pillar of salt....that was back in the 80's.....but what a lot of goo'ing and gaa'ing over that one LOL.

~Beck~

• jws
    jws

My memory may be a little bit faulty on all the dramas. But what I remember as a kid in the 70's, was a lot more Bible-Era dramas. Then they started mixing them with modern-day dramas: part old/part modern, and then even entirely modern-day dramas.

I didn't like the modern ones, but always liked the costumed ones. They were probably all pretty pathetic productions, but anything was better than those boring talks.

Something I seem to remember is all the period dramas being old-testament stories. Maybe I'm forgetting, but I don't seem to recall a single one involving Jesus. Did they feel it was blasphemy to play Jesus?

• Azalo
    Azalo

Ok I'm a bit embarrassed to admit this but when I was a little kid I used to listen to the audiotape of the drama about Moses constantly, I even memorized parts of it. I actually have a brand new tape cause my family thought this might bring me back into the fold. I wonder if its worth anything on ebay? I didnt see that drama in person cause it was before my time.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Hey, Mulan, Big Tex was one of the spies in that Rahab drama here in Dallas! And darn cute legs he has too.

I played Jephthah's daughter a long LONG time ago in St. Croix, when I was about 10 or 11. I was terribly excited about it and felt like a real movie star, had all my lines memorized and everything. The day before my performance I got stung by a wasp, developed a 103 degree fever, insisted on going on anyway, and passed out halfway through. I was convinced Satan had personally done this to me, and I was furious!

Nina

• freedom96
    freedom96

Most of the assemblies that I attended were as a child, through the teenage years. When I was young, I always enjoyed the dramas, mostly because at the time they would dress up, and it was more interesting watching that than the other parts, for sure.

As I grew older though, the dramas became increasingly more modern, without the dressing up, and I found them to be immensely boring.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit