Been witnessing today - first time in over 2 years!!

by The Searcher 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Alive!
    Alive!

That must have felt very satisfying Searcher.

It was satisfying to read of it - in that it truly puts the spotlight on the poor scriptural understanding that is promoted as 'truth' by JWs.

It seems an indoctrinated JW feels no accountability for what they teach but when 'pulled up' looks for a 'way out' and uses the 'you are attacking our organisation card'

Your simple highlighting and exposure of John 5:29 should have shocked that 'preacher' to his boots when you think about it, if his heart was softened towards honesty and truth instead of rigid pride.

It seems to me, an honest Christian would have turned a little pale at your ability to turn his teaching on its head - he should have declared 'Forgive me if I'm somewhat speechless and shaken, in all my years of reading this scripture and applying our literature's understanding, I have never truly understood that we have the wrong end of the stick, I may need to sit down. Please, talk with me further sir..." but no, it sounds like he slipped into auto mode, not looking at you as some one who gifted a real spiritual insight, but as an attacker of his 'org'.

But this is the culture of mindset the 'org' creates and continues to spread - very sad.

Freedom of the children of God?

Well.....perhaps not.

• Chook
    Chook

We should stream live coverage of apostate encounters at the carts, sounds wonderful entertainment.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I did my best to avoid raising his suspicions, and avoided using any J.W. "trigger-words." I actually referred to the Bible book of John as "St. John's gospel" in order to kick start his "member of Christendom" mindset.

Despite my cautious approach, I fully expected to be asked if I was/had been a witness, but it never happened. My reply would simply have been, "Are you trying to suggest that only a J.W. would be able to understand & explain scriptures?"

• Half banana
    Half banana

Well done Searcher! your witnessing seemed to get the right response which is to break through the JW force field, you got them to think and even change perspective...( perhaps you saw it as witnessing for Jesus and not as unwitnessing?)

A JW is snug and smug in a kind of "locked-in" syndrome. For the individual it is very destabilizing and painful to contemplate opposing the cult teachings, it invites social rejection from community and family since culture conformity is the most powerful drive of human behaviour.

With the decline of d2d preaching, cart witnessing alongside TV evangelism, is the new push and this makes the carts a prime target for us. There used to be a lot in London, but in recent months they have not been present in my neck of the woods to allow me to unwitness there.

Have the GB realized what sitting ducks the cart people are, vulnerable to better informed ex-JWs?

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

HALF BANANA - I think the trolley personnel themselves realised very quickly that they were going to be sitting ducks. I told my wife that she would never be standing at a trolley - because of the potential risks of abuse or even violence. The average J.W. standing out in the open is now cannon fodder for the org.

At least on the d2d work the J.W.'s can walk away if they don't like the tone of a person. On trolley duty they've put themselves in direct firing line for any/all sorts of situation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit