Can you image sitting there hearing this (Spanish)

by fulano 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• Lieu
    Lieu

Hey! Bury???? You kill it, YOU bury it.

No burying needed .... that's what the birds are for. Sheesh! Doesn't guy ever read WTBTS own gloom and doom?

No one had to bury those five destroyed Cities' peeps. Also, if it's fire and sulfur, there isn't going to be anything but piles of ash.

Ugh! People so called teaching their own delusions claiming it's from the Bible.

• fulano
    fulano

@theoldhippie and lettmoris... (Por dios elige otro nombre), I really don't think he does speak Spanish that well. He has some knowledge of the theocratic language, but on the streets of Washington Heights or The Bronx he would be lost....not to speak of Santo Domingo.

Anyway, the first time he was in the DR, the opening of the branch, 95 or 96, I met him, and he nor his wife understood a word, but ok that is a long time ago. He would stay at our missionary-home for the weekend but I think the branch didn't like the idea. Th guy is or was relaxed ..

• Mandrake
    Mandrake

hehehe can i tell you something? most comments are BAD... they are discussing how this very same talk was given 2 years ago and it's maybe the only material he can deliver in spanish...

currently i'm not watching the video... and well i would like to free translate a comment that took my attention, it goes:

Este discurso también lo presentó en la Visita de zona a Mexico hace 2 años, creo que es el único discurso que se sabe en español. Soy TJ activa (estoy comoletamente despierta) mi razon para no salirme es que tego a mi familia y no es facil dejar a tu familia. Tuve LA fortuna de que mis padres siempre pensaron que yo tenia que estudiar una carrera para estar preparada y gracias a que tal vez No estaban de acuerdo con la watchtower O por lo que haya sido...ahora soy graduada y no me falta Nada ;)

this speech was presented in the zone visit 2 years ago in mexico, i think is the only one he has in spanish. i'm currently an active JW (but completely AWAKE), mi reason to stay is my family and that it's not easy to leave them back. i was fortunate enough that my parents always thought i had to study a proper career to be prepared for life and they were not taking watchtower advice toward education. for this reason or whatever other, now i'm a graduate and have plenty.

others are discussing about "Manipulating", "golden rolex", "court hearings", "lies" etc etc... i'm happy for my fellow spanish speakers :)

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Mandrake,

In the Spanish congs of this zone the parents are very focused in sending their kids to obtain higher education passed just high school.

Here in the States, a high school diploma won't get you enough to support yourself, a family and help out the immigrant parents that will need help once they get old (because the will; Armageddon ain't coming!). So, the WTBTS advice on not pursuing high educ is being completely ignored here. Thank God!!!

How dare they go to a 3rd world country, strugging economically for the most part of the citizens, and then claim that they do not better themselves and obtain as much education as possible to improve their situation???!!!

Easy for them living super large in New York and traveling 1st class all the way wherever they show their faces.

May he or any other from the GB be booed and eggs/pies/tomatoes thrown at them!!!

DY

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I have been attending Spanish congregations here in Miami Florida USA for 25 years (as a native English speaker) and I have to say, he did quite well in Spanish. I don't see how anyone could criticize the Austrian guy speaking in Spanish.

I hope my Spanish and intonation was that good in the first few years I was here.

Rub a Dub

• fulano
    fulano

Well RubaDub, if that's the level over there in Florida...

Than again, there is a difference between a local part on the meeting or even a PT and a talk of this level. It shouldn't be read in a strong accent. People are travelling from far, even have to take a day off, I know that because I served there for 10 years. I am absolute sure that a lot of the dominicans from remote villages didn't even understand this read rubbish. .

• Mandrake
    Mandrake
    Spanish talking people who immigrated to the USA it's probably well work focus and had a concept of hard working as a key to future and obviously they want their descendants to do better than they... Here in Chile I met a guy who lived and worked in the USA and 20 years later he came back to Chile. Well he wanted her 18 daughter to study in the university here, and he was a uber-JW... That girl went back to the us, now has a girlfriend (ha ha obviously she's out the Jws) and it's working hard to progress in professional life (she didn't make it to university here in Chile, where admission tests and requirements are sometimes very high for the traditional and best universities), so she did it her own way out of the wt even "following" indirectly the wt advice 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit