Donation reminders in the magazine

by wisdomfrombelow 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wisdomfrombelow
    wisdomfrombelow
    I just noticed that in recent study editons of the Watchtower they mention on the inside cover that the magazines are free of charge but if you want to make a donation you can at their website. I noticed it from the March 2016 edition. I wonder if will be in the CLAM meeting workbooks as well...
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard
    I am not going to donate anything via the jw-dot-borg site any more than I will at the boasting sessions. Let them try, and they are getting a bad credit card number (or one that is out of date), and notice that their attempts to get anything out of me will cost them more than they hope to get. Rather, if I have money burning a hole in my pocket, I will sooner go to APMEX and buy a couple of rolls of silver quarters or halves, and keep them.
  • alanv
    alanv
    So is it now excepted by JWs that they should pay for any literature that is placed by them?
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

**Watchtower they mention on the inside cover that the magazines are free of charge but if you want to make a donation**

**So is it now excepted by JWs that they should pay for any literature that is placed by them?**

If you want to make a donation, they sound like they are asking for money, in a clever kind of way..

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Now that I read this thread, I remembered that last week's silouette presentation had the witness say the little blurb: " if you want to make a donation, I would be happy to accept it"

The last 5 years of so they got away from asking for money at the door, but it appears the they are going to be begging at the doors too.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Funny how the bible often says that "god will provide" for his people....

And didn't CT Russel say in the first WT mag that "when the almighty stops providing, we will know it is time to stop publishing...and we will never solicit funds nor ask for donations"

Hmmm...

• pepperheart
    pepperheart
    And they are printing 50 million magazines a month less now as well
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''And they are printing 50 million magazines a month less now as well''

They've pretty much halved their printing of WT's and Awakes as of January 2016. And with that comes more demand for ''donations''.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit