Ahhh yes...DISTRICT CONVENTION TIME IS HERE.....

by jimbob 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Azalo
    Azalo

At Spanish conventions I dont really remember ever seeing protesters, at least not on a regular basis. I guess the Spanish speaking apostates are as zealous as the English speaking. course maybe that has changed in the last 7 years.

• Phil
    Phil

My daughter, who is a JW is coming to our area for some sort of convention (I think) and going on to Hawaii for a convention there. This will happen in the fall.

I know they are not payed enough by the org. She lives in Patterson and works there.

Can someone tell me who would pay her way. What is this business of conventions. Are they every year? Do they have a big convention every so many years? What is the purpose of these conventions?

• blondie
    blondie

JWs hold one 2-day circuit assembly, one 1-day special assembly, and one 3 to 4 day district convention every year for each circuit (20 congregations) and district (10? circuits). The WTS keeps their members up-to-date on doctrine and policy as well as releasing new publications at the district convention. It is basically a propaganda opportunity.

This year some convention sites will be 4-day (3 1/2 really) long with a special program featuring missionaries and talks about the work in foreign lands.

How do Bethelites (Patterson) pay for the trip? Some get financial help from their families. Others also get help from people in their congregation. Some Bethelites work secularly during their vacation to earn extra money.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit