More speculation on Kingdom Hall closers and money grabbing?

by Crazyguy 37 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

just so long as they keep on selling kingdom halls thats all that matters

• Listener
    Listener

Their property is like their doctrines - all over the place.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Crazyguy - "...what to you guys think is really going on?"

Revenue flow is no longer sustainable, so they're forced to sell off more and more assets to remain solvent.

Business 101.

Which - it occurs to me - suggests that in their heydey, they were raking in billions in donations.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

This is no speculation. Back in the late 90s I had a list of the congregations of the state I was from. There were 350 congregations in 230 Kingdom Halls.

I compared that list to what is currently listed on Jw.org.

There have been about 36 congregation and KH deleted.

4 congregations deleted from multiples congs per KH.

One city had 3 congs in one KH and 2 in another now there is 4 in one KH.

There are 4 congregations that remained in intact but they sold their KH and are going to a more distant KH.

The major metropolitan city had roughly 23 Kingdom Halls then that don't exist now and 6 that exist now but not today. I can't guess exactly how the congregations were moved, or created or deleted with all that.

Some new congregations were created but they were foreign language.

Today I get 304 congregations in 169 KH total so a net loss of 50 congregations and 61 KH in the state over the past 20 years.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

These guys running things at headquarter because they put their trust in the Corporation's mascot we can expect big delays in steering Jehovah's Chariot to safer paths as these guys load up on high priced booze and praise from their ass wiping Helpers, and plot a course full of pot holes and land mines because they are so lost in denial they don't know what the fuck they are doing.

Jehovah's business chariot is leaving the station get your tickets out and all aboard:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQtb925IOwE

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Brokeback, what does that have to do what the topic or what I said?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Rattigan - "...Today I get 304 congregations in 169 KH total so a net loss of 50 congregations and 61 KH in the state over the past 20 years."

Huh.

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to crunch the numbers and what we'd get. And that's just one American state.

Well done.

BTW, credit where credit's due...

...the Org's done a terrific job of managing the decline (i.e. misdirection to hide it from the rank-and-file), so far. :smirk:

• Crazyguy2
    Crazyguy2

I think a lot more JWs left after 1995 when they first introduced the overlapping generations. The year books indicated something like 200-250k per year being missed , I think it was worse then that and the number of ones coming in was far less then the 250-300K per year they stated.

After 1975 they lost a lot then rebuilt till 1995 then loss more and have never been able to regain those losses because of the Internet which also went mainstream about 1995.

Another thing to consider about Rattigan’s Numbers , he says they now have 304 congratulations listed in his state but how many of those are foreign language congregations that are only there because a bunch of English speaking JWs are supporting a small handful of people speaking a different language. They in all reality probably have far less then even the 304 they list. Their bleeding like never before!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit