Handwritten letter's from JW children "sick"

by Fadeaway1962 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fadeaway1962
  • waton
    waton

It is done without understanding by the child, without consent. often without authorisation by one of the parents. it is child exploitation, child labour. hopefully it will create a wider outrage.

I is one thing to have a nice stroll in the neighbourhood of "not at homes" , trip to "unassigned territory" as a family, it is another to exploit indoctrinate innocents like that.

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

LOL I think they found the EX-JW in Edinburgh

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Luckily, Jehovah didn’t interfere with my family while I grew up as a protestant kid in India. The weekends were the most delightful moments, as for like any other child . The joy begins at Friday afternoon at school.

Friday, We would go home, watch tv, have dinner and sleep with a lot of excitement for the upcoming weekend.

Saturday mornings- we would get up, have tea and breakfast and out we go into the neighborhood. It was all fun activities. Cricket, kite flying and a lot of local games. If we have money, we would go for a matinee. Our parents won’t mind, until we don’t show up for many hours.

Sunday, occasionally my parents would take me to the church for a couple of hours in the morning. And back home. Hooraay. Continue with the fun activities until evening. Study, for an approaching Exam. Watch a Sunday evening movie on the tv and get ready for the Next day school.

Just feel pity for the JW kids, who are totally enslaved with WT activities. This is robbing their childhood.

• waton
    waton

one letter writing session " service arrangement" by zoom is hardly ruining a childhood, but the idea that your good name is used to enhance, embellish the current wt doctrines, hidden even from adults, is offensive.

A bad habit that could last a lifetime, even overlap into the next group.

• waton
    waton

Such letter writing might actually teach the harassed child to lie. since the sentiment are not it's own, but wording dictated by the person on zoom that is the influencer, The young victim learns in this way, how detached one's expression can be from the what one really thinks, wants to do; It also, by being the victim, teaches this process to use later on others.

Cruelty administered on the lower ranks by leading Nazi bullies (and others too) in training, could have easily, given the opportunity, lead to cruelty done by us. .

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

In this Edinburgh times article watchtower says adult's sending letters, together with youngsters drawings, to old age care homes lifts the spirits of recipients and teaches kids to do good to others.

If it were just that then yes, I'm all for it. But it isn't!! It's about making converts and in particular getting elderly converts to change their wills.

Why don't these witness kids write to the very many lonely, elderly Witnesses in care homes??Because they can't count time, that's why!

• waton
    waton

Ds: to be fair, in the zoom "service" meetings letter writing sessions with kids, -- cards to new widows, elderly ones might be included, but

counting time anyway, because the kid writing is not baptised.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit