Do You Expect To See Your Loved Ones In The Resurrection?

by minimus 27 Replies latest jw friends

• els
    els

I think that the whole idea of a resurrection, even the idea of living into the new system is part of what makes witnesses so unloving. If you think that someone, a family member or a friend is always going to be there, there is no need to really get to know that person or show how you feel. There will always be time in the future, right? Time when you're not so busy being a good little witness. I think that believing that life is short makes us appreciate people that much more and take the time to form real bonds and to show our love. The only time I can remember anyone in my family saying "I love you" to me is when they were trying to convince my to come back. Under those circumstances it just feels like a weapon. els

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

I'm thinking more along the lines of - "Do you expect to resurrect your loved ones?"

cheeses - now taking names for those you want reconstituted.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Now that's funny! Good one, cheesey!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Couldn't help but notice that there's quiet a few folk still holding on to various WT teachings.

Ain't that the truth!

Perhaps one of the first things to determine is, what is the resurrection?

• freedom96
    freedom96

I do believe in the bible, which clearly talks about heaven, therefore, I do believe that I will see my loved ones there.

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

When I read threads like this one and see the lack of hope it makes me very sad.

So you desire "hope" (as you call it) so much that you're willing to base that hope, and your entire life, on a lie, knowing that the source of your 'hope' is untrustworthy...

And you think we make you sad??

• Litebriterstill
    Litebriterstill

Yes, all those who loved God, respected life, and lived their life to their best anyway. In Heaven or Paradise Earth isn't the important thing. I would appreciate my journey through these hard times on earth be rewarded for the love I tried to show my fellow man. None should try to destroy that hope in anyone.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Prove it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit